Should Dan Campbell be fired?

Yeah like winning

I like how you pulled out part of what I said then accuse me of making shit up. I said the idea that we can add quality FAs by adding a rookie QB is nonsense because we all know that at this time absolutely no quality FAs are coming here without ridiculous contracts. If we actually could attract quality FAs then we have a discussion. We can’t do we don’t. Isn’t misquoting someone the very definition of “making shit up”?

Dude first thing what I said is if they love one you draft one now. I don’t love the guys in this draft at the top, but other then Anderson I don’t really like this draft at the top. But if this staff does then you take him now, you can still fixed the defense and it’s gonna take 2 years probably before that QB is ready. Waiting on the defense then having to wait on your young QB.

I have no delusions of the lions winning. I think that until there is consistency and stability top down this is the product we have regardless of coach

One thing I’ve learned is: “Loser sickness” is a “fan” that wants to tear down everything 2-3 years into a rebuild. If we recycle coaches/GMs every couple of years, which also entails changing systems…it stunts the growth and development of the players selected. Now that is common sense. Free agency is real. You’ve gotta sign and retain players for success. This isn’t Madden. The players are real. The salary cap is real. Player/coach development isn’t linear.

This forum needs more progressive thinkers here.

This is a losing prospect because by making the money the only reason a player signs he’s admitting he’s only in it for the money. This tells you all you need to know about the ‘player’.

1 Like

[quote=“LionsfaninGA, post:23, topic:18315”]
heard that the ghost of Vince Lombardi was going to be our next coach.

You mean Saturday wasn’t in the running?

This is a major reason why a small market team needs to build through the draft. Nail your draft picks, start winning and you might attract some good free agents. No good free agents want to join 3-13-1 teams without completely overpaying them. Detroit doesn’t win, it’s freezing cold in winter. If the money is the same, these dudes are going somewhere else. Suh couldn’t wait to leave for Florida life.

Another example, we tried to trade for Gronk, he threatened to retire instead of come to Detroit and we had Stafford at QB. It’s not like he was coming to a team with a terrible QB. He would rather retire and give up millions of dollars than play in Detroit, think about that for a second.

2 Likes

Yep, paid mercenaries are never as invested as home grown players

2 Likes

This is the type of player to avoid!

Show Me The Money GIF

1 Like

If you go back and look at the number of coaches we have had we have had 15 since 1980. That doesn’t sound like much until you figure out that is a new coach (and system) every 21/2 years. Wonder why we suck.

1 Like

Agreed. Unless it’s an admitted stop-gap player, but you don’t rely on them as a long term answer. What looks good at closing time doesn’t always look so great in the morning.

1 Like

After several drinks and chicks wearing a lot of makeup in a dark bar, it can lead to some bad decisions or so I’ve heard. Pretty sure a friend told me that…haha

And if you are ever in Thailand, expect the unexpected.

1 Like

Should Dan Campbell be fired? Yep

As the talent on the team rises & improves, his terrible decision making is only going to become more glaring

1 Like

LOL
Reminds me of an old saying or maybe it was a joke about a guy waking up in the morning, looked at his closing time pick up, realized he made a bad mistake and chewed his arm off so he could sneak out because she was laying on it and he didn’t want to wake her up.

1 Like

Must have been a heavy set one if you can’t get your arm free! One of my old college buddies used to call it harpooning at last call!! haha hilarious dude he was.

1 Like

Only two games out of the final wild card spot.

Don’t forget this week’s survey, @Nate It was interesting that last week after then win, we actually had the lowest percent of kneecap biters so far.

Signed, your resident data head.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.