Should games really end in a tie?

Their ratings would say, yes. But to be honest, I would say hockey and soccer can be a different discussion, because of the low scoring nature of the game. Even so, they have adapted shootouts, in order to get an actual result to a game. Obviously the majority of fans, and probably Vegas aren’t thrilled about ties, so they did something about it.

The purists hate the shootouts, and would rather spend 200 bucks and 5 hours to drive to and attend the game to have a tie, but the majority of fans want a real outcome. College football adapted and it works. In fact, college football overtime is ■■■■■■■ awesome. You are on the edge of your seat for every damn play. Sunday, we watched the Lions throw the ball away in attempt to kill the clock so that they could SETTLE for a tie against the worst team. Talk about a dick stomp/buzz kill.

Oh shit. There goes the neighborhood. Lol. J/k

The only thing? You don’t prefer their replay system better than the garbage one the NFL has? I know I like the fact that a huge play in the 3rd quarter is viewed as important as a meaningless play in the last 2 minutes. The NCAA reviews ALL plays. The NFL won’t review a pick 6 in the 3rd quarter, but will review a meaningless spot in a blowout game in the last 2 minutes. The NFL replay rules are dumb AF.

Also, while I don’t like players getting thrown out for something they didn’t intend to do, the NCAA’s targeting rules are at least making an impact by making the players aware and keeping them conscious of their tackling technique. The NFL has done NOTHING. Their fake targeting rule last year that was supposed to include RBs that lead with their heads and even lineman… did they enforce that even once? It seems like they still let 90% of the targeting go in the NFL.

Having a 7-9 team host a 11-5 team in the playoffs, because they won their weak division, is also awful. They get rewarded not for actually being good, but because the other 3 teams in their division (which they also have no control of) are crap.

I like the way the NCAA does some of the stuff you mentioned better, particularly the constant replays in the booth. I am okay with the targeting rule for the college kids because those are just kids…and kids do stupid things. So it make sense to kick dangerous kids out of games. I would never want the same ejection system to be in the pro ranks. And I’d especially hate it if they enforced the ejections like the NCAA does. A hit to the helmet is pretty much an ejection, whether it was avoidable or not. I don’t like that.

[/quote]

I like the way the NCAA does some of the stuff you mentioned better, particularly the constant replays in the booth. I am okay with the targeting rule for the college kids because those are just kids…and kids do stupid things. So it make sense to kick dangerous kids out of games. I would never want the same ejection system to be in the pro ranks. And I’d especially hate it if they enforced the ejections like the NCAA does. A hit to the helmet is pretty much an ejection, whether it was avoidable or not. I don’t like that.
[/quote]

Agree with the targeting. College needs to adjust their rules a bit, but they still are attempting to address the issue. The NFL really hasn’t done anything other than hope the NCAA rules fix their problem.

So much for never joining Nate’s board, aye Iggy? :joy: