Should the FALCONS have cut Jonnu Smith?

Should the FALCONS have cut Jonnu Smith?

Depends on what their plan is this year, but freeing up cap space could point to going after a FA QB. That Rams style of offense rarely uses more than 1 TE anyway though, so it’s probably fine. Saves a lot of money right?

You guys wanna trade a 5th rounder to us for Julian Okwara?

Man wth going on in here

1 Like

You guys have Kyle Pitts right? I like Jonnu, but to be honest, I am not crazy familiar with ATL depth chart or system to know if they should or should not have

awkward big gulps GIF

1 Like

Fyi,
I wouldn’t mind adding Jonnu and dumping Joni Mitchell.

It’s a Falcon’s fan posting in the Falcon’s portion of the board. What is the problem?

1 Like

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Falcons are releasing TE Jonnu Smith.

Smith was a third-round pick by the Titans in 2017, joining the Falcons after being dealt from the Patriots in 2023. In Atlanta, he reunited with head coach Arthur Smith and finished with 50 receptions for 582 yards and three touchdowns in his sole season as a Falcon. The 28-year-old Jonnu Smith now hits the open market, likely to latch on as a backup tight end somewhere. A reunion with newly minted Steelers offensive coordinator Arthur Smith is possible, but regardless of where Jonnu ends up, he is off the fantasy radar for now.

That would be an impressive trade seeing how Julian is on another teams roster.

The goal for the Den has long been to make it a NFL board not just Lions.

Lions will always dominate the board imo but a board for all nfl teams, this is an example of another team’s fan being active.

4 Likes

What about Joni Cunningham? Chachi will be so pissed!

1 Like

Well that explains it.