STATS

REC YDS AVG TD LNG ATT YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
107 1,171 10.9 6 38 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
83 987 11.9 5 51 2 18 9.0 0 10 0 0
64 771 12.0 4 65 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

XAVIER HUTCHINSON WR IOWA STATE | NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT

DRAFT YEAR: 2023
40 TIME: 4.49 SECONDS (55%)
OVERALL RANK: #80 POSITION RANK: #11 (WR)
HEIGHT: 6-3 (82%
)

WEIGHT: 207 (64%)
HANDS: 9 (22%
)

ARM: 31 (23%*)

SPAN: 74 3/4 (29%*)
DATE OF BIRTH: 06/01/2000 AGE: 22.8
BOWL INVITE: SENIOR BOWL
ALL IOWA STATE DRAFT PROSPECTS

*Percentile caluculated on how any given stat would rank at the NFL combine historically in the player’s position group (Higher value represents better perfomance).

OVERALL RATING: 85.1 / 100
GAME PERFORMANCE WEIGHTED RATING
QB RATING WHEN TARGETED: 96.8
HANDS: 87%
SHORT RECEIVING: 92%
INTERMEDIATE ROUTES: 96%
DEEP THREAT: 96%
BLOCKING: 68%
DRAFT PROJECTION: 3RD POSITION RANK: #11
COLLEGE GAMES: 37 COLLEGE SNAPS: 1932
GRADE: 3 ESPN Stars ESPN RATING: 76/100
GRADE: 247 Sports 2 Stars 247 RATING: 75/100

DRAFT PROFILE: BIO

Xavier Hutchinson from Bartram Trail High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 2-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Hutchinson opted to join Iowa State.

In 2020 as a freshman Hutchinson saw action in 12 games for the Cyclones as he made 64 receptions for an excellent 771 yards for an average of 12.0 yards per reception, with 4 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 94.9.

As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games and had an outstanding 83 catches for 990 yards for an average of 11.9 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 110.3.

As a junior in 2022 he played 12 games and hauled in an outstanding 107 catches for an outstanding 1171 yards for an average of 10.9 yards per catch, with 6 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 92.4.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
  • Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.
  • Physical player able to get off press coverage to release up the sideline or position himself inside the cornerback on slants and crossing routes.
  • He’s also a catch-and-run threat, a creative runner who has good vision in the open field; he’ll be an option to return kicks as well.
  • Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
  • He’s a fluid athlete with excellent short-area quickness; Hutchinson should be able to create separation, and he has the straight-line speed to threaten down the seam.
SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
  • Hutchinson has constantly ran a limited route tree.
  • He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
  • Physically, Hutchinson profiles as a guy who should have success facing the quarterback, but he struggles to gear down and make the necessary sharp cuts to create separation underneath.

XAVIER HUTCHINSON PERCENTILES VS OTHER WIDE RECEIVER’S(NFL COMBINE HISTORICALLY - HIGHER VALUE REPRESENTS BETTER PERFOMANCE)

Yes, when in doubt go with a Hutch!

Steve Hutchinson - Hall of Fame
Aiden Hutchinson - Future Hall of Famer

Drew Hutchinson - Former Tiger and Blue Jays ace…oh wait, shit.

2 Likes

He’s a guy I like in the mid rounds with a skillset we currently don’t have in our WR group.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking that if Chark leaves then we’ll need a mid to late round WR.

WRs seem to get hurt a lot. Agree. JaMoss will be a lethal weapon, this year.

I think if Chark is back we still need a mid to late round guys. Reynolds, Raymond and Cephus are all 2024 FAs. I’d expect Raymond back, but we could use a WR for depth this year. I’m ready to move on from Cephus. He can compete in camp, but he needs to earn his spot.

1 Like

I’m thinking we go late round “developmental guy” that surprises…again.

I want Ronnie Bell in the 5th.

I’ve got to see a lot more before I count on him.
Don’t mean to be a dick, but, I was a Lions fan in the 00’s. I remember Charles Rogers and BMW.
I remember Mike McMahon having more receptions than Rogers, too.

1 Like

I think of it more in terms of trusting Holmes than trusting JaMoss himself (which I xo). JaMoss has TEN times the fight in him Rogers has, & FIFTY times more than BMW

Rogers was driven by significant. BMW more certainty-driven (you can see it so easily because of how “lazy” he appears)
JaMoss is driven by certainty too, but his vehicle to certainty is FOOTBALL.
Rogers vehicle to significance is “that life.” By his definition of the word, he “made it” at that time in his life.

JaMoss will fight his last dying breath to make it in football, even if at times he comes off as a pouting &/or tantrum throwing brat about “air time”. He’s a MF’n WARRIOR at his core. He just gets to develop & grow into a more mature warrior like Sewell.

1 Like

I don’t want to start the season with just St., JRey, Jamo, and Leaf. Leaf is the only WR that didn’t miss games last season.

Don’t forget about Cep…oh shit he got hurt again before I could type the rest of his name. haha

I’ll eat some crow on that one… I was hyping Cephus all last offseason. Dude just can’t stay healthy. Let that be a lesson for all the pay Chark fellas…oh yes I went there!

1 Like

Yep, we can’t let Kennedy go, for sure!

Bradley is gonna grab some late round WR that is gonna shock everyone & we will be moving a guy down the depth chart, &/or forgetting all about someone we lost.

1 Like

You’re probably right. Drafted St. Brown in round 4. Kalif was an undrafted guy, that no one wanted. Reynolds was a wavier claim who had been released. Holmes finding a stud WR in the mid rounds in April wouldn’t surprise me at all.

The fact that I actually have confidence in the GM to make good decisions for the first time in my life is a very strange feeling as a Lions fan. I like the feeling, but it’s very odd.

2 Likes

Xavier Hutchinson feels like the perfect day 2 pick for us (Espically if chark is gone)

1 Like

Hutch II !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.