SI.com graded Derrick Barnes

Plus he missed a fair amount of time during training camp with a hamstring issue, IIRC. That didn’t help. He might could improve a lot with a full offseason and training camp.

1 Like

I was fairly high on Barnes with his raw athletic ability, so I wasn’t disappointed with trading up to get him at that time.

On the other hand… the Lions gave up their 4th round pick in this draft to make the move.

EVERYONE was talking about how much more value the 2022 draft would have… in terms of depth… than the 2021 draft.

Now that we are watching dozens of RBs, WRs, TEs, OL, DL, LBs, CBs light up the combine… it really seems that this draft is living up to that expectation. And I don’t mean to make a point that the combine is changing minds… it is really just shining a light on good football players that somehow flew under the radar a bit because it is a deep draft at those positions.

I still have high hopes for Barnes… but also wish we had our 4th round back.

1 Like

Don’t overthink it. I think it’s fairly likely that we had a mid day 2 grade on Barnes. If so then I’d prefer they make that trade. I trust Brad and his evaluations.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.