SiriusXM: Kirwin and Miller from Motown

Final segment just the two of them discussing Detroit

Miller: you wonder if this coach stays aggressive, went for most 4th downs of any coach. 7 or 8 fake punts as well. Fox, the punter his arm is wearing out, does he stay aggressive?
Kirwin I think DC is aggressive by nature and that won’t change, but I do think he did what he did last year because he knew the issues he had on defense. He didn’t want his defense on the field. Second half of the season he didn’t have to do them. This year I think he does it less due to improvement on defense.

Miller: Last year 5-1 in their division, I see no reason why they can’t do that again.
Kirwin: if that happens this year that will be married to a division title. But the talent is here. Do they have pass rushers, QB, RB’s returner, yes they have enough ingredients to win. I know the fans have been waiting for decades but the reason they can do it is because the ingredients are now here in Detroit.
Miller: tought first two games with benefit of playing Seattle at home. Will bring up one thing on Detroit when looking at last year. They scored 33.1pts at home most in the NFL. On the road, 19.4 pts on the road, 19th in the league. they have to do better on the road.
Kirwin: Fans need to remember that, the season isn’t dependent on the first game against KC or even first 2.
Miller review the schedule: Denver game and final MN game could be moved to Prime time games.
Kirwin: at their bye, week 9, 5-3 is where they could be. I have them at 10 wins. Miller, I will wait to make my pick.

1 Like

Its Okwara’s fourth camp. Besides Iffy, you have Levi, Alim, Barnes, Jermar Jefferson (is he still hanging on?). Of course, Penei and ARSB have passed already.

1 Like

Awesome stuff! Thank you so much for doing the work and posting!

I believe the 3rd camp reference was about having a 3rd camp with this coaching staff.

1 Like

Then that’s everyone who started with them.

1 Like

True, but third with this group, right?

1 Like

I believe Okwara was recovering from injury when drafted, part of the reason he fell in the draft. He missed a portion of OTAs and training camp as a rookie. So in theory, this is his 3rd training camp.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.