Smart Money Skoronski

At this point my $ is on Witherspoon being the pick still. You just cannot have enough good CBs and Witherspoon has the instincts you cannot coach.

I see the value in Skoronski. I love how that would affect the roster. I don’t see any mocks placing an OL guy above Skoronski. But I am picking a CB over G/OT #6 if necessary.

2 Likes

More often than not, an OT playing OG isn’t a guy playing out of position. Often times it allows that player to play at a higher production grade. OG much easier to play than OT. Automatically doesn’t mean all OT’s are capable of it-most are though

1 Like

My counter to a valid concern would be that the WR class is weak. Very weak. The lions are about the future as much as they are about the present. Get a guy in here before you NEED a guy in here. So JSN in here to pair with ASB and Jamo is not a bad idea.

8 Likes

Definitely seems like a good fit.

Decker will be 32 when is contract is up.

Do we go DE5 and not play him this year? Or is it back to CB mocks? Or is it Carter?

Who’s gonna trade up? Houston looks to go QB, ATL is rolling with Ridder/Heinicke

It’s a lot of ifs, but all very likely.

I just hope it’s not a shocker like Will Levis I think he sucks

2 Likes

Signing Chark = no WR taken
Not signing Chark = WR taken high

2 Likes

And signing Chark (injury prone/mediocre production) and Jamo “busting” means your WRs suck. So counting on our WRs by not drafting any because we signed Chark, is quite funny actually.

If we resign Chark we might have the best core in the league 1-5

4 Likes

Chark is not the difference maker you make him out to be. It’s all based on player profile and projection. Literally nothing is based on production or his history.

So if we don’t sign Chark, is our WR room bad? He doesn’t move the needle like you think.

1 Like

I still like OL - depth & talent
Older = recover more slowly too. Not saying he is going to get hurt, but is nice to plan for.
:muscle: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nope, 1 guy doesn’t make a WR room.

But keeping 26 year old chark vs drafting a 22 year old rookie is the move. Especially since we don’t get a comp pick…even if we did we’re gonna draft one round 3 and get a pick in round 4 next year?

SIGN DJ TODAY

1 Like

Promise you, Brad isn’t thinking “I can’t take OL, because I already have x first rounders there”.
That’s just a rule for the sake of a rule.
More likely he’s thinking “how can I most improve this team?”
If it’s OL…you go OL

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a fan base NOT want an elite unit more so then anti OL crew here

4 Likes

Lol so not wanting to take a tackle and make him a guard means we don’t want an elite offensive line?

That’s quite a leap

Why can’t you have an elite OLine with Vaitai? Or a day 2 guard?

2 Likes

Or a day 3 guard or a UDFA or anybody.

Because Skoronski is a stud.
Big V 30 years old has a bad back, leftover dude, who has a bad contract. Gone next year , If not after June 1 this year

How many times do I gotta type the same thing?

3 Likes

You tell me bro lol. Because you and another poster create the same topic every other day.

Well Doesn’t look like a QB gonna fall
Everybody off Carter , he’s not a Holmes guy they say
Will Anderson gone
Resigned Cominsky and signed DBs
3 year deal for 25 year old DMont
Everybody seems unsure where to go at #6

What do YOU suggest

It’s a really tough spot. I don’t see anyone worth that pick. If they go Skoronski, I won’t be shocked. If they did that, I would be expecting the plan is to let Jonah Jackson walk in 2024 or 2025 after a tag.

I dont think Carter is off the board though. But a lot to happen between now and then. If we stay put and it’s not Carter or a QB, it will be very underwhelming for me personally.

Soooo you punt. Lol

Never a bad option when you have Fox

3 Likes

I punt? What does that even mean? I’m not going to suggest I am smarter than everyone else and take a tackle to play guard. I’m not going to suggest I know what’s best because I don’t know in this situation. It’s a fact…this draft is really weak at the top. The benefit of picking 6th vs 11th is minimal. That’s why everyone wants a trade out of possible.