Smith-Njigba opts out of CFP

Can’t say I blame him.

2 Likes

Shit, he’s only got 5 catches all year.

He’s rehabbing his injury. I don’t think he needs to give the league any more tape. Besides, Georgia is going to curb stomp them anyway.

2 Likes

He probably doesn’t want to be exposed. I don’t like him as a prospect especially his blocking but I know some here do.

I Bet Snoop Dogg GIF by chuber channel

He had to have torn his hamstring against Iowa or at least partially torn it.

I feel bad for him. He is an elite talent that missed a whole year. I never like when guys get injured. As a U of M fan, it would have been very hard to stop him and Harrison together, but I still wish the guy was healthy.

Don’t knock the dude… He will likely be a very good NFL player.

1 Like

If he is injured you know he is already on Holmes’ radar. Prepare yourself to see us draft him, lol

2 Likes

His hamstring injury is most likely considered a grade 2 strain… which is like saying a “partial tear”.

If he had a grade 3 injury (aka “full tear”)… he would have almost certainly been ruled out for the season much earlier.

Here are a few images that may help explain how hamstring and other muscle injuries are graded. I like the rope analogy… comparing muscle fibers to the strands of a rope.

I once had a grade 2 hamstring injury at the insertion of the pelvis.
I didn’t have a training staff to do physical therapy… and also moved and re-aggravated it…. and I couldn’t walk fast for a few months!

What a twat. Missing a poopy bowl game I get. But this is a PLAYOFF game. A red flag to all NFL teams, well at least the smart ones.

“The decision to turn pro was made after I was unable to come back on multiple occasions during the season and the doctors determined I would be unable to participate in the playoffs.”

3 Likes

Hes hurt. He has been hurt all year.

Okay, then I stand corrected. My fault for agreeing with the talking heads… :disguised_face:

1 Like

The college football guys want a 12 team playoff for their money grab. That could be 4 games for a team without a bye. I might be the first guy to sit that out - all 4 of them. I play for my money not yours.

4 Likes

The way these “talking heads” have reported this leaves me absolutely disgusted. This kid works his ass off all offseason as the leader and best player on our team to lead the charge against Michigan, and had the greatest game by a WR in bowl history to lead his team from the abyss to defeat Utah by pure willpower, to working his ass off in rehab throughout the season and having 2 setbacks during the year…

And the story is that he’s “quitting” on his team.

If he was really “opting out”, he would’ve done it after the Iowa game just like Nick Bosa did midseason.

Shame on the news reporters. Danny Kannell can ■■■■■■■ lose his job. He is a ■■■■■■■ piece of shit that has drug this kid and our program through the mud over the past 96 hours, completely unprovoked. ESPN can kick rocks also. Piece of ■■■■■■■ garbage ass reporters.

I’m sorry for the rant, but this horseshit reporting job had been an attack on this kid who works his ass off, an attack on our program, and to an extent an attack on our fans for “allowing” this.

Not replying to you directly @BitterSyd. You just happened to be the one who showed how this ■■■■■■■ reporting can lead to JSN’s reputation being destroyed if people didn’t know about his injury.

4 Likes

The NCAA has long since abandoned any pretense about the sanctity of amateur athletics. The players making business decisions about when to play is fine with me. Smith-Njigba shouldn’t risk the pay day he has already earned. The NFL teams already have all of the tape they need on him.

3 Likes

You seem to be interested in following the money. But you are doing it without following the money on why the old system lasted for so long. Yes there is money in a playoff. But TONS of money was being thrown around to prevent a playoff and preserve the old bowl system.

D1 college football is the only form of football that didn’t have a playoff. My frickin peewee league had a playoff system. High school football has a playoff format. Other levels of college football have a playoff format. NFL football has a playoff format. And you never followed the money to ask yourself why D1 football was so different?

1 Like

the joker applause GIF

1 Like

I guess it depends on the reason for me. Its sucks if he would be healthy and simply wants to focus on the draft. I mean he is letting all his teammates down. If he wouldn’t be healthy anyway, then it really doesn’t matter . I get skipping the bowl if its not the playoffs, but if its the playoffs you need to play.

He’s been trying to come back all season and kept re-injuring himself from all accounts. Dudes a competitor. I don’t see him sitting unless he was told to which is what he has stated :man_shrugging:t4: