Smokescreen or real? Seahawks and Lions are saying similar things

Geno = career resurgence in Seattle, is 32 and turns 33 this year.

Goff = career resurgence in Detroit, is almost exactly 4 years younger than Geno.

4 years is a LOT by NFL terms. If Seattle falters next season, which is very possible for the level of play of a 33 year old QB, Geno’s contract (which only has a $10 mill cap hit for 2023) would allow Seattle to get out after 1 season. They would take a $17 mill dead cap hit but if they drafted a QB at #5, they would still end up paying less at QB than most teams.

1 Like

Vizzini would take Anthony Richardson and save the poison wine until year 3. Decide whether or not to drink it then

1 Like

Savvy. To allow him to develop an immunity to Anthony Richardson, I assume.

1 Like

Bryce Young would never be able to protect him from Fezzik

Michael Grey is awesome.

Yeah, he adds some serious counterpoints to discussions with Chris and Jeff, and he handles the solo videos smoothly with solid content too.

1 Like

I enjoy his sense of humor as well as his perspective.
Was a good add.

1 Like

Anytime someone says something vague, the den unleashes it’s mighty confirmation bias.

Tannenbaum at espn says Seattle love Hendon Hooker. He actually have them taking Hooker at 5.

Honestly I think if Hooker hadn’t gotten hurt we would see more talk about him going round one.

I suspect Sea will go Carter at 5 and QB at 20.

1 Like

Came here to post this.

I found it embarrassing.

Anyone else?

I am not a fan of Tannenbaum. That being said I love that he did something ballsy and opened a conversation. And he followed it up with a sound explanation. I don’t trust him as a talent evaluator but there are alot of suspect talent evaluators in power positions in the NFL that use some of the same data points he does. So its interesting to think about the idea that a team might pull the trigger on Hooker sooner than we think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.