**SNF thread Packers & Bears **

Fields is a bust for the bears

Cant process the field

Locks onto WRs

Holds the ball too long

Geez…chris

That was an ugly pass by Fields he got away with.

Every pass he throws is ugly

Dude looks just like him…

Seeing other teams win is making me lose my patience with the Lions…

Who? Certainly not the pack who always win or the bears who can never seem to get the right guy under center? Lions are bad but aren’t too far removed from that perennial mediocre level of the Caldwell era

I dont know…what part of our team is legitimately considered good enough to be a division winner and playoff team?

Offensive line when healthy… that is about all I got for you but the fact that we have been over 100 yards rushing with ps running backs is encouraging. Also add in we are the youngest team in the league with a shit ton of assets and there is potential hope, you just have to decide if you think Holmes can make the picks.

I dont think we have as many assets as many think. I’d rather be the jets or eagles…

The OL is a bright spot. RBs are solid.

I’m not even sold on Hockenson anymore. Just seems like a good player but nothing to invest a bunch of money into.

No Qb…and a rookie is gonna take 2-3 years to develop…

Its gonna be a long road…

As much as I love Hutch…if we have pick 1…might be worth it.to move down a slot or 2…add more draft picks…I wouldnt go past 4th

Also seems every player we bring here that isnt a draft choice ends up stinking…

Flowers
Collins
Brockers
Goff
Nick williams

4 firsts over the next two years plus a clean salary cap after the crazy amount of dead cap we had this year. The point is that if Brad Holmes can identify talent, he has the opportunity and assets both in cap and draft picks to make it happen.

Well.one of those 1sta goes to a qb…maybe even 2 of those if we have to trade up for a qb

And other teams will.have cap space too

The jets have had a bunch of cap space for a while…hasn’t made a differance

Now…I am getting a little concerned with MCDC…why is he calling plays? Why is he making bad in-game choices? Is he capable of being a good Offensive playcaller? I don’t see him ever getting up to par of some of the more experienced OC…

I’d like.to see someone from the college ranks…I think.

Okay I will say it a few times again… the assets are there but it will be up to BRAD HOLMES/ MR HOLMES/BRAD THE MAN/HOLMES to be capable of identifying the right talent to add. It’s as simple as that you either believe he can or you don’t, if you don’t than we have a good offensive line that goes to waste with goff calling the shots and a bad defense. I personally see promise in some of the young talent added, especially some of the UDFA’s Charles Harris etc that makes me believe that holmes can do the job, especially when he isn’t hamstrung trying to fill out a roster that has 66M in dead cap.

The reason I focus on brad is exactly to your point of the jets with their failure to capitalize on cap space and high draft picks. Comes down to who is calling the shots.

I dont think mcdc plans on calling plays next year, also think a new OC is incoming. When I look at MCDC’s decision making as interim in Miami it is almost polar opposite of the risk taker we are seeing. Just an odd reconciliation of who is he really and are these decisions stemming from a coach that is outmatched or is he making the decisions to make up for the fact that his players are outmatched

I am concerned about the DTs we took

They look like they’re just gonna be guys…

I don’t get why they havent shown more domination and some more bright moments.

They dont look any better than a scrap heap DL picked up off waivers in my opinion.

And I actually loved both of these guys in the draft.

I thought both of them were late 1st round guys

Levi O had the year off not sure what impact that has had but I will say both have shown flashes to me. There is potential for concern but I would say health and the weight room this off-season you see a different level of impact from them.

1 Like

Also in your opinion…what’s his plan at qb?

I hope the two young DTs put it together …

I loved both of them and a lot is riding on their shoulders in this rebuild…if they fail…its a big setback. If they succeed and can control the LOS… now we wre talking about a solid foundation on both sides of the ball…

At qb with the extension for Goff it sure does seem he is eyeing 2023 if goff can’t turn it around. I would say that based on the structure that was his thinking going into the year. 2023 comes who knows where our and the rams pick falls but there are anfew guys that could move the needle, if you believe you are a Bryce young or cj stroud from being set at the most important position on the field they probably make that move. The rams didn’t shy away from trading up for goff, Holmes was there for that, does he do the same? Idk but I think if he does it will be a guy that he and dorsey view as can’t miss (I would lean bryce).

But here is why it is very concerning these two DTs havent shown as much as we want…

Say in the 2022 draft a really good DT is there…

Do you pass on him? I’d say no. So…now we just blew another asset on a DT …

Same with free agency…do you pursue DT help because these two havent been what we thought as of yet?

Just seem we need to play the long game and try to stack as many picks as we can because we need a major influx of talent…including a qb…