So it's Been a few days

Fair point. So it isn’t the quitting on the team that bothered him ala Barry it’s that Stafford didn’t win “a” playoff game.

1 Like

Bait GIF

4 Likes

I was actually impressed with Staff’s post game interview. Had a lot of good things to say about Lions players.

2 Likes

Same. I will add that I’m impressed with Stafford as a player, teammate, and overall human being.

But I’m also okay with people who are upset with him for leaving. The loyalty for some is solely to the team, which I can understand. I know you weren’t arguing this, just using your post as a jumping point for my thoughts. haha

You know what I still love to reminisce about regarding that game?

Dallas was convinced we were going to ride Barry all game. The whole NFL world was convinced we were going to ride Barry all game.

And then we came out and just threw the ball all over them. No one was expecting it.

1 Like

Before Barry’s 47 yarder at the end of the game he had 11 carries for 22 yards. I believe the Cowboys were daring us to throw.

3 Likes

Looking back on the stats of the game, I found myself on Erik Kramer’s Wikipedia page. I had no idea how awful his life has been since playing in the NFL.

Such a sad, sad story.

Glad to hear that as of 2020/2021, he’s doing much better.

FFS, am I derailing this thread? :rofl:

Yeah it was ugly there for a bit. Hopefully Erik has found some inner peace.

3 Likes

I could understand this constant crying if he had actually left.

HE WAS TRADED

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

They were. All teams stacked the box agains Barry (not just the run…specifically him), and had a scheme designed to not let him outside and keep the field more narrow with some next level containment. Nothing worked. Dude was a freak. Teams tried blitzing run lanes, spies, stacking the box, containment - nothing worked against him…nothing. The Emmit or Barry argument was as ridiculous as a Scottie Pippen or Michael Jordan argument.

Barry = GOAT, and it’s not close.

2 Likes

It truly amazes me how so many people rely so much on their local sports team for their personal sense of self.

1 Like

Really got your underoos in a twist over this don’t ya. Love Stafford and I hope he wins a SB - he deserves it. His leaving statement he sent to the fans was one of the classiest things I have seen an athlete do. Be pissed at SUH for leaving for the money. Not at Stafford for giving up on management. He did not leave the fans nor the city. Just the inept management.

3 Likes

Just flame-baiting, man.
Think of it like this…Change the title of the thread to
“Please give me attention”
:wink:
That’s what this is really all about. Stirring the pot, trying to draw ppl into drama.

2 Likes

I think it’s interesting that stafford gets so much venom from fans like the op. Yet Calvin Johnson doesn’t. Johnson retired rather than play for Detroit anymore. He would have kept playing for another team. Isn’t that basically quitting like the op is saying stafford did? Johnson also never won a playoff game. And if we’re being honest never put up any great numbers in those games. He’s a hall of fame receiver. Shouldn’t he have risen to the challenge and dominated those games? I think blaming one player for playoff losses is stupid but if the op is going to do it for stafford shouldn’t he also blame Johnson?

2 Likes

That’s because It’s flame-baiting, man. :wink:

Reality doesn’t agree with your post.

This post is clearly flame baiting and a clear rule
Violation. As a result I am going to lock the thread.

It violates this rule in the code of conduct.

Thanks for understanding.

2 Likes