So just finished Ozark

anya taylor joy doesn’t exactly hurt the eyes either, although it does seem her eyes are a touch too far apart :slight_smile:

1 Like

First 3 episodes of The Boys season 3 dropped on Amazon Prime TV. Fantastic.

The loudest LOL in months from me when they did the Not Without My Dolphin…omg, just straight up drink come squirting out your nose funny.

I finally figured out that this is basically Justice League/Avengers with Ash Vs The Evil Dead and Westworld themed in.

2 Likes

Someone else was just telling me the Boys was worth checking out. I’ll give it a go tonight

2 Likes

The Boys is pretty good, but man there is some screwed up stuff in that show. It took me two tries of starting to watch it to really get into it.

4 Likes

All caught up on The Boys. Great show

I also binged Night Sky the last few days. Really good

1 Like

It’s the Howard Stern of streaming series. It’s so graphic it should just be funny, but they put so much effort into the violence scenes, it’s kind of shock-jockey in a way.

2 Likes

Yeah, S3 E1 is just straight up wrong. Lol

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to watch Obi Wan. But good lord it’s terrible. Awful script, terrible acting, plot holes everywhere, disregards so much canon. The main antagonist Reva comes across so cringey every time she talks. Like shes yelling at a manager at Target for being out of the bath towels that were on sale. Child Leia is so awful I’m actually disappointed to know she doesn’t die.

The big escape this past episode was Obi Wan making her walk with him under a huge trench coat they conveniently found on the fly in an Empire stronghold past hundreds of guards. I was honestly surprised when Leia didn’t whip out a laptop to help him escape with her goofy dog ‘Brain’ tagging behind

1 Like

Im pretty disappointed as well. Episode 4 kind of was making its way into Hey! Thry finally got it going…and the trenchcoat…good.lord.

3 Likes

But yes, the writing is flat and the antagonist performance and casting looks like a huge whiff.

Boba Fett writing was weak as well and the acting took time to warm up

Continuity issue- After Luke leaves Dagobah against Yodas wishes before his training is done in TESB, force ghost Obi Wan says to Yoda that if Luke fails, all Hope is lost (see what I did there)…and Yoda tells ObiGhost…nope! We got a backup…

If Obi-Wan is banging around saving Leia at age 10 and knows she is twins w Luke and that even Fifth/Third Sister (evil name derived from a bank Im ok with) can sense the Force strength in Leia, how does ObiGhost not know?

Hard to get around that continuity trap now that they made the the other movies and this…but still, not impossible. Maybe Ben gets amnesia from being choked out by Vaders invisible Force Vise Grips…Id expect something shitty like that at this point.

But then again in New Hope, Leia is asking for ObiWan and he knows who she is, so its all a mess…

3 Likes

Not to defend the show, because the writing is horrible and man they could have really knocked this out of the park, it’s disappointing… But Kenobi has supposedly cut himself off from the force in order to remain hidden, and while it’s coming back to him in Ep4, maybe he is unable to judge Leia’s strength with the force?

Just playing devil’s advocate, I agree with your points.

2 Likes

It’s also weird when you remember her hologram message in Star Wars.

‘General Kenoni, years ago you served my father in the clone wars, (and by the way rescued me from an Empire stronghold when I nine from being tortured for information) now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the empire’

Also torture a nine year old for info? They said they kidnapped her to lure Obi Wan. Why do they think a child would have advanced knowledge of safe houses. I half expected John Cleese to walk in and threaten her with the comfy pillows. I mean nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

1 Like

That bugged the hell out of me too. This little child has intimate knowledge of The Path? Come on…

2 Likes

Those ”Star Wars” nerds are down to George Lucas’ last table scraps. Maybe Lucas could use his CGI for a good purpose and make it look like the nerds have girlfriends.

2 Likes

That was what I was referencing, yes , the hologram.

2 Likes

Yes and yes T…wth. 9 yr old is coordinating a galaxy wide refugee underground railroad…

They aren’t even trying to have it make sense.

3 Likes

Yep, that is plausiblyish…but He Knows They Are Anakins kids…and is guarding one because he is Midiclorian Supremo…and years have passed between whatever this is and A New Hope.

Which brings me to my next point.

Carrie Fischer looked like hot, but angry, not too far removed from jailbait in A New Hope. Maybe 22? Maybe.

Thats 12 years from this Obi Wan episode…and Ewan McGregor looks 45ish as Leia is 10

Alec Guiness looked a solid 70 when Leia was 22ish.

Blergh…its all just Not Well Done.

I think Ewan McGregor is awesome. The concept of him being ObiWan and the possibilities are amazing. The cast, plan and execution? Trash.

He’s like Matt Stafford and the idea of a Lions passing attack with Calvin, but having to throw to Scheffler Pettigrew Fauria Broyles and Kris Durham all the time because Calvin is taken out of the game plan by the D

3 Likes

Ewan McGregor is the only reason to keep watching this series. The rest might as well be a rerun of a 90’s Power Ranger episode

The chase scene where the villains couldn’t catch this bow-legged little twerp trotting away like she has a turd in her pants were pure comedy

2 Likes

OMG YES! HOW DOES FLEA, WHO IS BASICALLY THE LIVING EMBODIMENT OF COCAINE, GET OUTRUN BY A 9 YR OLD WHO WADDLES AROUND LIKE CHILLY WILLY?
tex avery title GIF

1 Like

I just wish they had done a more ‘obi-wan’ style story instead of even involving the kids. I was hoping for something where he would have to face off against the hutts (or a hutt competitor) and it was heavily involved into mos eisley. he’s still in the shadows but helping organize against the ‘mob’ but he’s too good at it and the empire finally gets involved. they come in to clean everything up and put in a moff for leadership, but as it goes on the moff is just as corrupt but has the blessing of the empire and all the troops now stationed there. this will lead to the ‘hive of scum and villany’ we hear in 4, and since you leave out luke and leia (maybe have the mob strongarming owen and beru to get obi involved) you don’t have any continuity issues later on.

2 Likes