So Many Negative Posts WHY?

I look at board an its really sad as fans of Lions that so many have to post so much negative crap.
To many fans forget the other team is paying millions same as Lions an many times its luck an who works the hardest that wins. All the players are very good some just a little better .
HC came from a Team that won an people wondered how , is it just the HC or staff or QB I think its all that an more its about attitude an we as fans need to adjust are attitude.
Get rid of the negative vibs all the time an nit picking every mistake a player makes I see so many negative posts you would think we Lost Dam Game Lighten Up an Enjoy

7 Likes

KC is not a lucky team. They’re that good!
Disciplined talent!
Everything we wish the Lions were. That’s not being negative. That’s being honest.
This is my 51st season as a Lions fan. I’m a fan!

3 Likes

You didn’t become a Lion fan until you turned 30?

5 Likes

They didnt have football until he turned 30…

6 Likes

It’s getting ROASTY in here!

I like it.

3 Likes

Not Fishing got busted at a Portsmouth Ohio Spartans game for streaking.

4 Likes

He can’t even say he was drunk, Prohibition was a bitch. My grandpa told me all about it

3 Likes

Yeah, but he was dating a hotty at the time, so he was feeling confident.

2 Likes

Not bad, but Im guessing she walked out the door when he lost it all in '29. Thank God there weren’t any tall buildings around back then…

2 Likes

True dat. Luckily, that down period left him with a lot of time to learn to play the guitar.

2 Likes

You’re a funny guy.
8!

3 Likes

I knew you could take the joke. :slight_smile:I am your age so I can dish it out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most aren’t as “negative”, as they are realistic.

Yes!! The Lions are 2-0-1!!

But they have NOT looked good, since the first 3 quarters of the season…and then they squandered a big lead.

It’s just that we’ve been burned so many times…guys don’t want to be hurt, again. So they expect the worst.

3 Likes

I don’t find any of the negativity being real on any level. Pessimists accomplish nothing in life and act as Debbie Downer to ruin every situation. A real fan is someone who roots for his team and sees the positives instead of focusing on the negatives that all teams have.

1 Like

What a great post, let’s not talk about what needs to be fixed and just bury our heads in the sand and keep hoping we can win despite playing bad, ugly football! …Yeah!!!

I kid, kind of. Enjoy the win but let’s not bitch about people talking about what the team is doing wrong either.

2 Likes

I think the posts criticizing what we’ve done wrong are fair, for the record. My thing is still, despite the fact we’ve made mistakes and had issues, we just beat 2 teams no one gave us a chance to beat. We did it in ways where we typically LOSE games.

I understand that San Diego and Eagles were banged up. However, we’ve had injury issues with Davis/Decker, but no one counts that. When teams walked in and pasted a banged up Lions team, no one said “Yeah, but!” They came in and got the job done. The Lions have gotten the job done.

The Lions are slowly beginning to play complimentary football. Against the Chargers, the defense was getting roasted until Slay makes a big play. The Lions offense looked bad, then walked down the field and scored a huge TD.

Against Philly, the Eagles ripped off huge chunks of yards, but the defense forced the issue in the 4th quarter and came away with huge stops. Ending Wentz on the 4th down scramble, how many times have we seem the other team get the extra yard and keep a drive alive. Instead, it was the defense getting the stop a yard short, and the offense again scoring a huge clutch TD, or Amendola making a brilliant catch to save a drive.

These are the key single plays that make or break a game, and right now we are making those plays. In previous years, we watched other teams play shaky football but when the chips were down, they made the plays that won games. Now we are. Lets see where that takes us

2 Likes

We have a very talented team. They are not playing disciplined football right now. That has to change.
Think they aren’t hearing that from the coaches?

I find as a somewhat neutral observer that if you have nothing but positivity, you tend to wander over into the homer, delutional message board. While too much of the negativity, SOL-ness makes a message board abandoned by most fans who are not super jaded.

I find this board has a good balance and makes things quite neutral.

1 Like

We are a bunch of women, we can’t make up our minds but we will find SOMETHING to bitch about

1 Like

This board is pretty awesome. I was part of a Lions Facebook group, the negativity and just flat out terrible posters on there makes this place so much better to discuss the Lions

1 Like