So who’s the next Collins?

Unlike Collins I actually think we could get some kind of return for flowers. He’s not a superstar but he is a very solid player and good locker room guy.

2 Likes

As a rookie Teddy Lehman had 103 tackles with 76 of them solo!!!

The stat doesn’t say he caught damn near all of them 5 yards down the field while getting ran over.

1 Like

I think Flowers could be next as well. I don’t think he has the same issues as Collins (effort issues), but I do think he is a little bit of a misfit toy in this defense. Especially considering the contract. However, this also means the contract will be the major obstacle to getting rid of him.

1 Like

Doubt it would be anything too meaningful. His salary is soooo big, I’m not sure anyone would give up assets to be on the hook for 14+ per year, even with us eating the bonus.

We’ll see.

2 Likes

I agree but something around a 5th wouldn’t be out of the question. I’d take that if okwara and Bryant keep playing and improving. It’s better than just releasing him.

Yeah… I wish they had a stat for ADOT on defense.

“Average depth of tackle”.

Lehman, Boss Bailey, and Ernie Sims all seemed to rack up the tackles… 8 yards downfield… on 3rd and 3 plays.

1 Like

Vaitai may stay. Why create a new hole to plug??

Flowers is a $ casualty next year, Williams I think is the next guy this year. I mean. what’s the point here?

3 Likes

Some people are literally getting surgery for that.

1 Like

If I have to pick, it’s Flowers….

But I’d prefer not to commit as this team will take shape over the next 15 weeks, and I’m hoping everyone fights to earn their spot.

If Big V becomes an above average starter by year end, why cut him to save 4M? Glasgow got 10am plus, we aren’t going to sign a decent prove OG for 4M…. Even paying him 8.4M won’t be a bad proce if he’s solid throughout this year.

I’d love Decker and Sewell to dominate at OT spots, or Decker to be traded for a 2nd and A Jackson. We move Jackson to RT, keep Sewell at LT and save 15M along OL this year.

Cut Big V to sign a Jesse James level UFA or worse, and then spend a 2-3 rounder at OG, nope.

Flowers could also prove worthy of the 9M he will cost us next year. He either costs 23M or 12M, but at 12M we need a 7 sack edge with good run defense for 9m

1 Like

He used his Hans well

Love this guy. He’s not Myle Hamilton of course but one of those energized bunny types that sets the tone for the entire back end. Really good player.

1 Like

I actually think Flowers is really quite useful but they’re plan for him is silly. Slide him inside at times not the other way around. He’s a damn good hand fighter not a space player.

3 Likes

I think he’d be useful and an asset if he could only stay healthy. Then again maybe they are just weeding him out, he is a sure cut because of his contract anyway.

He won’t be a Lion next year.

We’re gonna have some serious money. Win some games and we with this coaching staff and culture we might become a more desirable location for free agents.

1 Like

I agree. Though I think he’s a different player than Collins, but still, not a building block for the future… the last big signing from the last staff to get rid of

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Booty Vibrating GIF

1 Like

No… The next Collins would be paid on a non-rookie contract.

I love his instincts and hits. I haven’t watch film of him but is he always around the ball?

Most definitely. For what it’s worth I happened to really like Paris Ford and then he happened to run the same forty time as my grandma so I may not have the most discerning eye.

Good luck Collins.

1 Like