Soften The 9ers D

IMO, Keys to scoring today:
Short to medium depth passes on 1st down. Ben needs to soften the run D a bit. Gibbs/Monty on play action pass routes out of the backfield for short 2-3 yard dumps to keep the linebackers tight to the line of scrimmage. Send Jamo on a deep crosser and tie up the safeties and send ARSB and Laporta on 8-10 yard crossers for easy completions behind the backers, in front of the safeties.
This is the key to our offensive success IMO. This will also open up the run game and TOP.
What say you?

2 Likes

@BigNatty

Los Angeles Will Light Up Sky With Bat Signal As Tribute To ...

1 Like

Do not let them hit those huge explosive plays the 49ers are known for.

Make them beat us in the red zone.

Don’t beat ourselves with penalties or turnovers.

Force Purdy to make a bad throw, he’s a gunslinger we will have an opportunity.

RUN THE BALL BEN. Last game on the goal line you passed wayyyy to much and in the 4 minute drill same thing. After we were having big success running.

Gotta find ways to get pressure…BUCS let us rush right in unblocked a few times for sacks. 49ers will not let this happen.

2 minutes of each half We excecuted sooo poorly last game in this. If we do that again this week we will lose. PLain and Simple.

1 Like

tired i feel like shit GIF by Cappa Video Productions

disgusting plan…but if it works, I’m all in!
Plus…2-3 yard dump is short to you???

as for softening the D…

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

2 Likes

hahaha

1 Like

Let’s pray LaPorta doesn’t get injured because we have nobody behind him. And also, throw the ball deep to Jamo!

1 Like

After watching some 49ers film, I am not sure if we need to get the ball out quickly. Nick Bosa is a one man wrecking crew. Let me say that again. He is a ONE man wrecking crew. Arik Armstead is solid. The rest are decent but nothing special. They look ferocious in highlights and the stat sheet when they get up big and can tee off on the other team. But breaking down regular game film puts them into a different light. Particularly the Packers film (I realize it was raining).

The 49ers were gashed by the Packers on the ground. There were some other teams that had success, but they had to abandon the run due to game circumstances. My target in the run game is Chase Young. Do him like teams used to do Cliff Avril when he was with us.

I am happy to say that one of Kyle Shanahan’s weaknesses is that he doesn’t prioritize protecting his QB. He exposes his QB constantly. Its one of Kyle’s traits that makes JT O’Sullivan not like him. JT points out that the 49ers QB injury issues are not “bad luck.” Its Kyle’s offense and the fact that the QB doesn’t have the ability to change much about the play design or blocking assignments. They also seem to make strange decisions on who to block on each play. Like they are poorly coached or not communicating correctly. We have seen teams adjust their blocking schemes to deal with Hutch. The 49ers seem to not pay too much attention to dominant players, and simply run the play the way its designed to be ran. So if the play was designed to single block Hutch with a TE…well…that’s what is going to happen.

Here is the Brock Purdy injury in the playoffs last year. They doubled Linval Joseph, single blocked Fletcher Cox (#91) and tried to single block Haason Reddick with a TE (16 sacks during the regular season). JT also pointed out how Deebo Samuel just casually carries out a weak reverse fake. Deebo wasn’t taught to abort the fake and either help pick up the blitz or at least make himself available in case the QB needs to make a hot throw. He just stands there and watches his QB get blown up. Little details like that drive JT nuts and it shows up repeatedly in the 49ers film.

Here is the play where Jimmy G broke his foot and missed a bunch of games. Notice that there is a free rusher while one of the lineman has noone to block. The ability to communicate, slide protection and hand off pass rushers is an issue for San Fran.

I will throw this one out there in (2) different screenshots. This is a similar DB blitz to the one we used against the Bucs. Notice how hard the corner is leaning and making it obvious he is coming. Now look at what happens next. The protection doesn’t slide. The TE doesn’t stay in or chip, he just runs his route as if he’s never been told to be ready for that scenario. And what’s really strange is watching the slot WR on that side. He just runs his out route like the play is designed. And Brock isn’t even looking his way at the snap, which speaks to the fact that noone was told to do the basic shit that well coached teams tell their guys to do. Purdy has to run for his life. But this is normal in Kyle’s offense.

1 Like

I also recently heard that Shanny will not check out of run plays in some instances… even if the defense shows a loaded front.

He certainly is successful… but also has his flaws.

1 Like

Knock Out Work GIF

1 Like

What happened to Joni Mitchell?..I forgot.

1 Like

Hurt and now on IR, done for the year.

Sad Henry Rollins GIF

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.