Some trades where Detroit got absolutely taken?

The Golden Knights just made the worst trade in their short history, and GM George McPhee is likely to be hearing a lot of Filip Forsberg references this year (including from me on a piece I’m working on for the website I write for.)

When were some cases where Detroit made some trades and it was immediately clear they got fleeced?

Don’t even need to keep it to Lions, if the situation is fun enough.

I’m not helping you with ideas for your piece unless I get a cut.

3 Likes

I did so hate the PatSwilling trade.

2 Likes

LMAO.

The sad part is, McPhee already did that. Trading Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat years ago gives me plenty of ammunition.

1 Like

When they gonna change the name to, “Golden Locusts”?

1 Like

You missed the memo? It already happened!

1 Like

Man, just saw a picture a friend posted on Facebook.
You folks need to start praying for seagulls.
Is it like that all over town, or just isolated areas?

1 Like

We have a presence all over, but the really thick concentrations seem to be in isolated areas.

They seem to like lights!

1 Like

If this was outside my door, I’d go out even less! Unfortunately I dont even know what side of town this is, but I’m guessing it’s the edge of the Valley. (??)

1 Like

It’s gonna be that damn Swilling/Roaf trade unless someone has a whopper I disremember about

2 Likes

Bobby Layne for Earl Morral and two draft picks is another stinker. The curse.

2 Likes

Not Lions but local. Trading John Smollz for Doyle Alexander was not the Tigers brightest moment.

2 Likes
1 Like

Oh…I did that wrong…my bad

Well, we used a 5th round pick in 2007 to trade up from the bottom of the third to the top of the second to get Ikaika Alama-Francis. That’s the first I could think of. We’ve traded up on draft day several times for picks that didn’t work out. But did we get “taken”? I don’t think so. We just drafted poorly.

But in-season trades? I can’t really think of one that we got fleeced on, honestly. We rarely pull off significant in-season trades, and usually, when we do it’s fairly even. Of course, we traded away Golden Tate for a 3rd. Even though it was only 9 games of Golden Tate, that trade definitely contributed to the poor back half of the season, so I don’t know if that was the best move.

1 Like

We were not going to draft Roaf.

It usually starts with…Al Avila trades _________

and ends with…and in return the Tigers get _________

There are 2 things that just boggle my mind right now. Why is Avila still GM of the Tigers, and why is Blashill still HC of the Red Wings.

2 Likes

It is fairly obvious Avila’s got something on the Ilitch family.
There could be no other reason he still has a job.

I think Yzerman is still assessing the team and the organization as a whole. No need to get a coach or the coach he wants may not be available until Yzerman is ready.

Tigers receive Juan Gonzalez, Danny Patterson and Greg Zaun, for

Francisco Cordero, Bill Haslemen, Gabe Kapler, Frank Catalanotto, Justin Thompson and a prospect

1 Like