Someone explain the Lamar Jackson love

Not a damn thing!
Some folks are enamored with running QB’s. One has to win a Super Bowl, eventually.

1 Like

I didn’t realize the Lions were perfect. Good to know. We should have dumped Goff for Minshew if that were the case.

6 Likes

Elite oline. Multiple quality RBs. Multiple quality WR options. Great offensive coordinator. Doesn’t get any better than todays NFL. Maybe only Philly has a more complete offense. Minshew would look solid on the Lions too

1 Like

Amen brother.

Love watching Lamar play on someone else’s team but wouldn’t give him the contract or the capital it would take to acquire him.

Lamar Jackson led Ravens needed a 65+ yard field goal to beat the 0-2 lions in Campbell’s first full season as HC.

I personally think that he is overrated, overrating himself, silly for hiring his mom as his agent, and going to be injury prone forever if he continues to take shots like he has!

2 Likes

congrats you almost hit every wedge of the diss wheel!

1 Like

We need to make a trade!

Washington Football Team Wsu GIF by Pac-12 Network

Hmm maybe because Lamar has the same number of playoff wins as Daniel Jones?

Despite having a consistent elite defenses, really good olines, a bad ass TE in Andrews and proven coach in Harbough. The only argument you can say Lamar hasn’t had is recievers. And how much of that is Lamar actually holding his recievers back? The Ravens have drafted some higher in the draft. Hollywood Brown is fine a reciever though he’s no longer there. They drafted Duverney in the 3rd and Bateman in the 1st. Maybe accuracy and traditional QB play might actually matter from time to time :thinking:

There’s a more underline reason why Lamar is loved by the media. It’s a political reason. The same reason the Rooney rule exist. I hate to be that guy. But that’s the world we live in.

Kalif Raymond was 2nd in receiving yards. I’d actually say the Lions need help at wr. Outside of St.Brown who’s not even a true number 1. The Lions are running a bunch of 4s and 5s as 2s and 3s.

3 Likes

I happen to agree here.

That being said, it’s not unreasonable if someone thinks Jackson is a better QB than Goff, either.

I don’t think it’s reasonable, however, to think that there’s such a gigantic chasm that switching from Goff to Jackson would be worth multiple draft picks + the highest guaranteed salary ever. That requires either an unrealistic hatred of Goff (or pocket passers in general), an unreasonable love of Jackson (or running QBs in general), or some combination of the two.

2 Likes

Exactly! Marty has been to the future, he knows. Pure clickbait BS.

1 Like

Michael J Fox Hello GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

2 Likes

Crazy how opinions change. People used to argue that Lamar was better then Stafford and was a top 5-8 qb. He was regularly ranked ahead of Goff in those rankings around here.

Also it would mean going from a team-minded player who helped developed this offense, organizes off season practice, and was nominated by the team to be FedEx man of the year. To a me-first player, repped by his mom, who was called out by other players for not giving his all and malingering his injuries whilst threatening to sit out the entire season if he doesn’t get his way

Some QBs always seem to have bad receivers and some QBs make Tom Kennedy look good.

4 Likes

Any QB can throw to a guy like Kalif Raymond. The fact that Kalif hasn’t had a 1,000 yard season so far is just a testament to how below average Goff is as a QB.

(sarcasm dripping)

4 Likes

Good point, Kalif has all the tools you could want. Great height, size, catch radius, you name it, he’s got it! Any other QB besides Goff, and he’d be a pro bowler for sure.

1 Like

I agree…. Some people put more value in mobility. I am not one of them.

I agree strongly here. It really doesn’t make any sense to make such a move.

1 Like

Oh boy. We have our own Limbaugh v McNabb brewing here

1 Like

I think that’s bull.

Jackson is loved by the media because he’s a really good quarterback who is providing a ton of offseason drama, which is what they live on. NFL quarterback transaction talk will always trump any NBA, NHL, or MLB talk.

1 Like

Thats fair. Though there are many QBs who are just as good who dont get the same benefit of the doubt or fanfare. It’s okay to bash guys like Goff who’s been arguably more successful then Lamar for example. From the medias perspective.

I just answered the OP’s question. However, I probably shouldn’t have. Personally…I dont think what I said was ground breaking. But it probably shouldn’t have been said. Which is a shame in its own right. Regardless, my bad.

1 Like