Someone explain the Lamar Jackson love

I think the media is just enamored with the uber athletic QBs. It’s why Willis was projected to be a top pick last year and why AR is going to be way over drafted

2 Likes

Rams Defense:
Aaron Donald (future first ballot Hall of Famer)
Von Miller (future Hall of Famer)
Jalen Ramsey (future Hall of Famer)

Yeah, I mean, they were like, ok, sorta…

Does this mean Stafford wasn’t the reason why the Rams won the SB? :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

Lamar has been bashed since he was at Louisville. Has done nothing but produce and win. People have been saying he couldn’t throw since college. But the numbers don’t lie. Passing numbers on par with Goff with way less talent around him and add the rushing dynamic is why he was an MVP.

Hate to break it to but half the QBs in the league next year will not be white. Top 3 QBs in this draft are black. #1 QB next year Caleb Williams is black. Not sure why Lamar would get preferential treatment for being black when league is trending that way anyway

2 Likes

You lost me with that one! Jackson has passed for 12,000 yards in 5 seasons. He’s barely averaging more than 2000 yards per season.

Now of course, he’s dynamic with his running ability, I will surely give him credit for that.

4 Likes

I couldn’t care less about color. I’m a first generation American from the state of Punjab, India. So obviously, I’m not white.

I’ve just noticed regarding race. The media walks on egg shells and they don’t always call a spade, a spade. Would they treat Goff the way they do say he was anouther race? My opinion, they wouldn’t.

Again. I apologize for bring it up in the manner I did.

Also. Goffs numbers are not on par with Lamar regarding passing. Outside Jacksons MVP season he is a subpar passer. There’s a reason teams are not going out of there way to trade for him.

3 Likes

Jackson has played 30 less games than Goff. Overall yardage means nothing. Ravens have always been a run first team. Look at Lamar TD to INT ratio, completion percentage. Lamars record as starter 45-16 compared to Goff 54-45-1.

That’s not true at all. Goff passed for 4500 yards last year, that helped us have a top 5 offense in the nfl. If he doesn’t pass for all those yards, J-Will doesn’t get 17 TD’s, most of which were inside the 5 runs set up by big gains through the air.

I give Lamar credit for his running ability, it’s elite and hard to stop. But the comparison of passing ability to Goff is pretty hilarious. What makes Lamar special is his legs.

2 Likes

PRO -

MVP caliber QB

CON -

1. Recent injury history
  2. Wants guaranteed contract
  3. You have to give up a pair of 1st round picks

Let’s assume you are the GM of a team that doesn’t have a franchise QB. Is the benefit of Lamar MORE than the pair of 1st round picks AND paying him all that guaranteed money ??

You could of offered up those same picks and moved up to #1 in this draft and got the QB you wanted.

You could wait until your pick in this draft and get the best QB available and pay less in the total contract that Lamar will make in the 1st year of his.

Blasphemy!

Matthew Stafford drinks motor oil and shits west coast playbooks.

Matthew Stafford has BDE.

If John Holmes and Wonder Woman had a love child, it would be Matthew Stafford.

Matthew Stafford dominates defenses with his super computer post snap processing, his bionic arm talent, his graceful ballet like movement in the pocket, and his telepathic communication with wide receivers.

3 Likes

the simpsons pretzel GIF by Global Entertainment

You brought up Lamar getting preferential treatment because he’s a black QB which makes zero sense. When He’s one of the most criticized QBs in NFL.

Your first paragraph contradicts your second. And Just because your Indian doesn’t mean your not ignorant. You brought race into the Lamar Jackson discussion unprovoked

1 Like

Well this going to locked very soon

So just ignore all the winning and QB efficiency numbers for yards.

Can’t you guys let Goff have at least one accolade? Being overly criticized is all he’s got. It’s practically his brand.

2 Likes

Winning is important for sure. How many super bowls has Lamar played in? How many playoff games has he won!? Regular season win statistics are pretty cute though. How about his durability? Missed 11 games the last 2 years, including the playoff game. How many more years can he play this style before the body breaks down!?

Again he’s talented with his legs, but you aren’t looking at the big picture.

1 Like

Jackson haters out in full force!

No one hates him. He will kill lions in the future . Got legs, but arm isn’t amazing. Spend that much money say goodbye to st brown , and half the oline

1 Like

More true words have never been spoken!

1 Like

Ravens have not had superbowl caliber rosters. Lamar has been capable of elevating the Ravens above their talent level which is something Goff is incapable of doing. Jackson is 1-3 Goff is 2-3 in playoffs. And Goffs superbowl appearance was a gift from the refs

Jackson does not take alot of hits actually. His injuries these past two years were in pocket

1 Like