Sophomore slump poll: Who is most likely to have one?

NFL sophomore slumps are fairly common. You could argue Rodrigo had a big step back this year, although that was mostly due to playing time—but still, he lost his job.

Got me wondering: given how well our rookie class played, which among them is most likely due for a slump, and why?

• Jahmyr Gibbs
  • Sam LaPorta
  • Brian Branch
  • Jack Campbell
0 voters

Of course, I don’t think any of them will have a down year—I think they’ll be hungry as hell in year 2. I worry most about LaPorta; but mostly because I think our offense relies so heavily upon him, and he won’t sneak up on anyone, whereas you can prepare for Gibbs and it really doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Hendon Hooker

1 Like

RB is a tough position to stay healthy, only real concern I have with Gibbs. Health permitted, I doubt any of them have a sophomore slump.

3 Likes

I could see teams game planning a lot more for LaPorta potentially. Maybe more double teams. So I’ll say him. Although that’s hard to do considering how many other weapons we have.

5 Likes

LaPorta. But its only cause the rest will have better years next year.

1 Like

No “None” option? Pfft

6 Likes

Not seeing it

3 Likes

Question isn’t whether any will have one, it’s who is the most likely if there was one.

LaPorta just because he was that good this year.

8 Likes

Yep, good way of articulating it.

2 Likes

None. Duh

In all seriousness. I think it’ll be really difficult for LaPorta to replicate THAT season.

2 Likes

LaPorta not due to an efficiency perspective, but I think Jamo is going to be more involved and possibly Gibbs.

A LaPorta slump still isn’t a slump by most ppl’s definition.

1 Like

Sam has the highest hill to climb. I picked him because just being “great” next season would be a disappointment. He was “great” as a rookie.

1 Like

I voted for Laporta because he is the only one of the four that doesn’t need to get better.

1 Like

I sure hope it’s not Jack Campbell.

3 Likes

I bet Laporta has more yards but less catches. Jamo will be clearing out room a lot more next year.

3 Likes

Not Campbell, he had his this year.

5 Likes

Laporta won’t score as many touchdowns but that’s it

1 Like

It’s just hard to set league records every year. Sam can still have a really good year and come up short.
So, I went with Laporta.