Sources: NFL probes Colts' Isaiah Rodgers for possible betting

Thanks, I was wondering about this angle.

Hotel room being considered team facility is horse…s…t! I bet few players knew that.

1 Like

So, if they went to the Denny’s next door and placed a bet while waiting for their Eggs O’re Mi-hammy, it would be cool?

2 Likes

Is the Dennys on the hotel square footage, like a Howard Johnsons? Is it independently owned and operated or a corporate store? These players should know that kind of CRITICAL stuff before irresponsibly placing a bet that the 12-51 Oakland soon to Las Vegas A’s to lose at -700, making a whole $14 on a $100 bet.

Is it just the hotel room or the whole hotel? Is it only after they check in? When does the hotel become non team hotel? After check out?

2 Likes

What you’re describing is that the players “Disrespected the game”. A huge no-no on MCDC’s initial rules at the opening of “Hard Knocks”.

How rude…

1 Like

Hypothetically…

I need to know the rule on this:

If said player checks out of their room, leaves the hotel, turns around because they forgot something in the room and while in said room makes a bet would that be considered a team hotel room still?

2 Likes

Considering it’s the nfl, probably.

1 Like

Depends on who or who does he play for…

1 Like

The way i interpret the poiicy players are not to gamble during the entire duration of the business trip that they’re on. So then the question to me is when does that business trip officially begin. Once they start commuting to the airport? Once they arrive at the airport? Once they board the plane? Or once the plane takes off.

Same question for the return home. When does the business trip officially end?

1 Like

What if he is a UDFA camp signing who used his $5k signing bonus to rent a cramped 1 BR 3rd floor apt in Taylor, then used his Daily Free $1 bonus Bet on NBA FINALS 8 LEG PARLEY TO WIN $15!) FROM THAT INDIRECTLY TEAM PAID APARTMENT!!!FOLLOW THE MONEY!!! OH THE LOSS.OF INTEGRITY OF THE SHIELD!!! HORROR!!!

2 Likes

I bill door to door. Once I pet the pupper and walk past the Kraken that is my dad’s funeral rose plant which is Feng Shui energy guarding this house,

The Clock Is Ticking!

Dont talk to me about my blanking grass right now.
I just did 104 field hours (plus admin, plus background checks) in 6 days and I’m cranky that we have had zero rain.

Didn’t say a word.

silently gazes at the nice lawn across the street…

1 Like

GIF by SundanceTV

2 Likes

It’s not a lawn, it’s a TraveShamOcrisy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.