Sources: Pats, Browns, Steelers eye Aiyuk trade

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brandon-aiyuk-trade-rumors-three-reasons-why-steelers-are-better-off-without-49ers-receiver/

Looks like he was almost a Brown but Ayuik said NOPE hahha

“The 49ers were set to trade WR Brandon Aiyuk to the Browns for Amari Cooper, a 2nd round pick, and a 5th round pick but Aiyuk would not agree to a new contract in Cleveland (@MaioccoNBCS).“

x.com text*

SF and PIT have agreed on a deal!

No details yet!

Its up to Aiyuk,
Either sign the deal the 49ers have on the table

Or
Go to Pit and see if they give a better deal

2 Likes

PrettyRickey was right!

1 Like

Sounds like the 49ers used the market to gauge their deal. Oh the Steelers are offering you X well give you a tad better.

Either way it’s gonna be around $30m. But how much guaranteed is the key for him.

I hope it happens but the more i hear about it, it sounds like hes staying and the 9ers are just trying to finalize the extension

1 Like

49ers trying to save face by playing the media.

Aiyuk will be a Steeler.

1 Like
1 Like

Was wondering if getting that 3rd from Philly had anything to do with it.

I thought about that as well, and it clears a bit of cap space and a roster spot. It didn’t make sense to me why Washington would want to offload a target for their new rookie qb. This would make sense.

It’s a perfect for Washington to get Aiyuk and he wants to be there. It’s a HUGE loss for 49ers. Still don’t know wtf Kyle was doing playing Purdy last week. He lets the other starters rest and put his QB out there. Purdy was taking hits in the preseason and probably making 60million a year next season. Shanahan is weird.

1 Like

I want the 49ers trade to go through, because anything that weakens their team opens up the Lions path. I still think the Lions can beat the 49ers now with Aiyuk, but hey if they cannot manage their roster, then more power to us.

As far as Shanahan goes, I have a buddy who is a huge 9ers fan. He cannot stand Kyle Shanahan. He thinks he is a great offensive coordinator, and a poor head coach. He has now blown 3 Super Bowl leads, 2 as HC of the 9ers and 1 as OC for the Atlanta 28-3 debacle. The 9ers have let what used to be their core strength, their offensive line, now become a seive outside of Trent Williams. Williams is aging, and also holding out of course. To your point about playing Purdy in the preseason, he completely agreed. How can you put your starting QB out with backup oline and backup players to get killed? He said his gut was, this was some kind of message or punishment but who knows? Considering the offensive line has gotten much worse, and Aiyuk is most likely getting traded, the 9ers offensive gameplan will be to run CMC like crazy. Which, we know will lead to CMC getting hurt and then Purdy will be playing behind a leaky oline with Kittle and Deebo left as the weapons. Still good, but not ideal.

Get this, in his opinion, Shanahan’s biggest issue is believing he is the smartest person in the room. Where have we heard that before? :thinking:

2 Likes