Sources: Teams ask if Cards will trade No. 3 pick

Arizona has been 3 sigma stupid for 60 years…Not sure what they see exists in reality too often

1 Like

My childhood taught me that Trading Cards is a poor investment strategy

Right???

Are we talking about the same guy that was 34-12 as a starter with 2 Super Bowl wins???

Comparing QB stats of current players to those seasons that transpired prior to all of the rule changes favoring offense is ridiculous.

Kurt Warner had 4353 yards in 1999 with the record breaking “fastest show on turf”… and Jared Goff has bested that number 3 times in his career.
Plus… Goff’s rating has been over 87 in 5 of his 6 full seasons.

Can’t hit a QB without a flag.
Can’t make contact with a WR after 5 yards… without a flag…
can’t hit a WR hard …. or… another flag…

2 Likes

…unless it’s a lions QB playing against Dallas or GB

1 Like

Ever notice that just about every year the media and fans are predicting a bunch of QB’s going to 5. Often 3-4 out of the top 5 picks?

It rarely happens that way.

In 2021 QB’s went 1-3 and many thought it would be 1-4. With 5 QB’s going in the top 10 but Fields and Max dropped into the teens.

In 2020 there were 4 QB’s projected top 10 and 3 projected top 5. burrows went 1, Tua went 5 and Herbert 6. Love didn’t go until the 20’s.

In 2019 most mocks had 3 QB’s going top 5 but only two went top 10 and it was Jones not Haskins like most mocks predicted.

In 2018 mocks were suggesting 6 QB’s could go top 10 and that the draft could go QB picks 1-5. … Baker went 1OA, Darnold at 3OA, Allen at 7, Rosen at 10 and Jackson at 32.

Point is most drafts QB’s don’t go as high as projected. Even though they do tend to go higher than they should. Also look at how many of those high QB picks bust.

I suspect this year will be more of the same. We will probably see just 2 QB’s in the top 5.

Here’s the facts. In the last 22 drafts only once has 3 QB’s gone top 5. So hoping 3 go top 5 is highly unlikely let alone 4.

It’s rare to see 2 QB’s go top 5 but it does happen often enough.

There’s a lot of QB needy teams this year but I wouldn’t be surprised if only two QBs go top 5. In fact that’s the most likely scenario.

6 Likes

Gonna be 3. Past results are not a guarantee of future returns. I would be shocked if it were just 2. You’re analysis is on, I just think team needs will override, especially given all the focus on QB On Rookie Deal Team Build Strategy blah blah blah…which, beyond, Mahomes, hasn’t produced a SB win…

1 Like

I tend to think the that Car, Hou and Indy all want a starting QB. Well…. Need them anyways.

But I realize just how rare it would be for 3 QBs to go that high.

Richardson, Levis, and Hooker all have concerns. Top 5 would definitely be a reach for any of them.

Will Indy reach?….maybe but I think it’s more likely they convince Hou to trade out and Houston holds off another year.

FYI - Rumor is that Indy is only interested in Stroud or Young. True?…. Or smokescreen?

3 Likes

Indy doesn’t need a QB. They got the face of their franchise this offseason!

Washington Football Team Wsu GIF by Pac-12 Network

@Weaselpuppy

This kinda goes with what I said.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1648070377334087681?s=46&t=QdfJCp82EM3qoPecSpo1LQ

1 Like

IMO we’re at the stage when Shefter is reporting what the teams
want him to put out there.

4QBs in the top 11 is still fairly likely IMO.

5 Likes

I think you are correct but I also don’t expect four QB’s to go in the top five.

1 Like

What Schefter is saying certainly is within reason. I think the Colts would really be getting a break getting a legit top 10 QB in Stroud.

1 Like

It will be interesting to where this goes. One thing that is consistent about draft season is that what we see at the beginning of the process is bullshit and what we see at the end tends to bend towards reality.

2 Likes

Panthers- Young
Texans Tyree Wilson
Cards- Will Anderson
Colts- Stroud
Seahawks- Carter
Lions-?

I would hate to draft a CB in this scenario maybe we could get a good trade down?

1 Like

Yup - Vikings!
Holmes will get us the CB version of Kerby Joseph in the 4th round.
Get some future firsts from the purples.

Schefter’s info, if reality, only applies to those teams with those picks — not necessarily who is interested in trading up.

Calling it: Raiders move up to 3 (if Colts don’t beat them to it) to nab either Richardson or Stroud. Colts will take Levis or whoever else is available.

That keeps a top lineman in play.

1 Like

Richardson at 6 most likely

3 Likes

The only reason I want this to happen is to see the forum reaction.

4 Likes

Neither do I.

1 Like

It’s not like the first time we’ve drafted a TE in the top 10. Although it will be the first time that TE has never played a game at his new position.

2 Likes