Speaking of Teryl Austin

He’s gonna be the Steelers’ new DC…

1 Like

he’ll do well for them. Always thought he was great.

5 Likes

I will be passionately rooting for him to win a Super Bowl.

2 Likes

Serious? Like, “passionately”?

I’ll be rooting for him as well. Good dude for sure. Can’t wait to see how their draft unfolds.

2 Likes

Good for him! Hope he does well.

1 Like

If you don’t root for Teryl Austin to win a Super Bowl, you are not a real Lions fan and you do not have a soul (see what I did there?).

3 Likes

They’ll take the necessary jarred Davis and geez tabor.

Kevin Colbert is no Bob Quinn.
Plus, I can’t imagine they’re going to undergo any kind of scheme change whatsoever.

By the way, Geez Tabor is a perfect name.

2 Likes

Good for him.

I actually think he’s a good coach. Especially with the secondary schemes he uses. Very creative coach.

His weakness is with the DL but PIT is strong their so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I see, you’re just a smart ass
Tee Hee …

My wife is a life long Steeler fan. She is groaning at the Lions taint coming to her Defense with TA running it. Can’t blame her. Austin was pretty good that one time with Schwartz’ players. Once they got in the guys he presumably wanted, (to be fair he didn’t “not” want Suh) we were hot garbage. They didn’t go for another guy “like” that with premium resources. They spent that money on a last legs Ngata. We went from a front four that penetrated and attacked to not that and teams lit us up. We’ll see how it goes for him. Maybe it was Lions sapping a good coach… Very possible.

I think that was Mayhew. He panicked and we got Ngata and Ashawn, neither were a fit. He wanted the name in Ngata for losing Suh, not retaining Fairley on a cheap deal and letting Mosely walk, after passing on Donald for Ebust.

Mayhew in those moves are what also led to CJ retiring. He said that he didn’t want to go through a rebuild and after gutting the D, that’s how he viewed it. Of course his story seems to have changed a bit over time, but that’s the latest take I’ve heard from him.

2 Likes

I am not sure what to tell your wife other than Austin is from Pitt and has experience with the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers. His team’s are marked by better tackling.