Sports betting

Let’s talk about some bets placed. Share your betting tickets for fun

This is my 18 cent bet(I could only do 18 cents because of the odds)

2 Likes

Since ours last year is now locked, maybe this can be the one? @Jman

2 Likes

I searched for another and none came up

1 Like

Works for me.

What’s the week 1 plays?

I have a spread of free bets so Im gonna crowdsource.a couple of them

Strategy wise I want 2 gimmes to monetize, one mid as a 3-4 leg parley, a 5-7 legger then a 7+

Props, monelyline mix only. Spreads are for suckers, in my amateur opinion

I’ll start looking on Monday

2 Likes

I just wish Draftkings would let me do DKSquares on Parlays again

Hey if I have no clue what I’m doing what’s the best way to learn how to do these bets?

This is the only two I have so far. Goff winning MVP and the Lions winning the Super Bowl. And for the record, I say that betting threads should never be
closed. :smiley:

1 Like

I got a change bet thrown in of Lions over Chiefs in the SB

2 Likes

Have you joined a betting app yet?

I love that Jared Goff bet, dude. I’m tempted to throw a couple hundred down on that myself.

The league MVP almost always goes to the QB of the leagues best team, and I think we have a very good chance to be the leagues best team.

1 Like

I started an account on one last year but never did anything with it. I felt clueless lol.

Back before DK got smart I was doing DKSquares in parlay bets each week one week I almost won a bunch of money on a 20 cent bet(Damn Eagles/Redskins).

1 Like

Agreed. Also, I think the lions are playing indoors 14 out of their 17 games this year. Indoor Goff is much more productive than outdoor Goff. Man, I’d like to see you win a few grand. Let me know if you have the oysters to put that bet down.

1 Like

Yeah, I use DraftKings and it’s pretty straightforward. I don’t do a ton of parlay bets only because I seem to lose far too often with them. Take advantage of any promo bets that the sites offer. Sometimes you can get a bet boosted by 50% or more. I would just suggest to start out small until you get the hang of it. It’s crazy how streaky betting is though. I can be on a roll either way.:smiley:. I don’t go crazy. Most of my bets are around $25 but I’ve gone up as high as $100. My original deposit of $250 has grown to about $700 in a couple of years. I don’t do it necessarily to make money (which of course is fun when it works out), but rather to keep my interest in certain games. Good luck brother.

2 Likes

Missouri screwed me on thursday I took the spread and they kicked a FG with 2 minutes to go

1 Like

Sewell kneecaps eaten vs the Rams… Over/under is 7.5

Easy money…

End It Its Over GIF by UFC

@Lionboy1970

Apps are doling out free bet promos, so do a little research. Caesars gave me $50 in free bets for a $5 bet. Plenty will do deposit match ( deposit x, get x again in free bets). New betters get the big ones, last season it was 100 to 200 in free bets at this time.

Lots of profit boosts being thrown around too ( 15 to 100%) odds boost on bets.

I like having 3 apps in play, as you get different odds for the same bet across them, or they give different Special bets. Usually those are parleys with a low odds of success and are sucker bets, but every once in awhile they are ok.

There are a ton of ways to do it. Spread or straight win the game (that is called moneyline), one bet, multiple bets on the same game (same game parlay), multiple different game bets strung together (parlay).

Bet what you know. Read that again.

If parlay, once you get past 3 bets strung together, the win rate is well below 20%, so clean up on single bets and 2 leg parlays. Use a little profit to shoot your shot at the big ones.

I bet 5 to 10 a game a few times a week. Up $2k in 10 months. Thats my comfort level.

IMO, if you bet an amount outside of your comfort zone, you ■■■■ yourself because you have fear of losing and make bad decisions. If you have no fear, your mind is clear and you make good calls (and this is all subconscious, so you dont really control where that fear line is).

Bet what you can forget about, then have fun watching it. Bitch and moan or crow after. Repeat.

3 Likes

Good answer and advice Weasie.

1 Like