Stafford against winning teams

I’d like to see him play better against good teams. We’ll see how things go at then end. Because for once he’ll have the pieces around him. It’s put up or shut up time.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but the flip side is that any QB would struggle with the kind of pressure the Titans were generating.

Never his fault

2 Likes

Oh, definitely his fault. The first INT was silly, and the second he wasn’t pressured on- he just got played. But the Ram’s O line wasn’t doing him any favors.

As far as I’m concerned, Stafford has done absolutely nothing to change my opinion of him since leaving and going to the Rams. Good dude, super talented, but prone to making mistakes, especially in pressure (both literal and metaphorical) situations.

I think Russ and the Hawks will beat them. I expect SEA to start to go on a run soon here. I think the Rams will beat the Cardinals in the rematch. Not sure on the Ravens. I do think the Rams will lose at Minny as Staff has always struggled mightily with the double A gap stuff and Zimmer knows that damn well.

I think it’s 12-5 with losses to Seattle, Minny and Green Bay. I could be convinced of 11-6 with the Ravens winning as well.

That assumes the Rams big four stays healthy. Injuries to Staff, Donald, Ramsey or Kupp would lower my expectations further.

Sharts are the worst!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

poop sneezing GIF

2 Likes

Whoops. Don’t mix message board posting and child care I guess. Though a helluva a marble run I just helped set up.

1 Like

That’s not a shart, that’s a snart!

Monkey Oops GIF by AFV Pets

2 Likes

The rams beat the super bowl champions. So… just going to ignore that one…

I’m a 57-year-old college-edumakated person. An employed responsible citizen. I recycle, pet little old ladies, & help dogs across the street when appropriate.

I oughta be ashamed at how hard that gif made me laugh.

McVay’s offenses in general seem to fade in the latter regular season. Not a combo that seems likely to produce results if Stafford’s record vs good teams means anything.

A lot more to definition of “good” than record,imo. Is Wussell back ? Is Kittle healthy ? Dalvin Cook ? Answer yes to these, for example, & those games seem a lot harder than a losing record would indicate,no ?

Also, some domestic weirdness going on with wifey that hints Matt isn’t necessarily in the best head space, pun intended.

I’m not ignoring it. I said most big games, not all. That was a huge win, he’s going to need several of them in the playoffs. And good luck beating Brady twice in the same season.

I think we have to compartmentalize Stafford’s days with the Lions vs his days with the Rams until there’s more of a track record with the Rams to go by. In that light all we know right now is he’s 1-2 vs good teams.

1 Like

They got the 49ers this week but then the Packers next week, that’ll be a big test.

They are finalizing a deal with OBJ so they seem to be committed to a SB.

Most good teams beat up on bad teams and split with good teams. Its just kinda how it works. To expect more isn’t really realistic.

Most teams that are in the playoffs are “good” teams, so you can’t “split” then, you have to sweep for a chance at a Superbowl.

Brad Holmes picking Geoff for millions now says he was loyal to his former team . Another non dual threat qb who is not needed for a winless team

Stafford is making more mistakes when main reciever woods got injured . Players like baker mayfield and stafford need all weapons to win a game . Two players seems to be overated Without good players . Players like Prescott are all purpose players . I hope stafford play better after bye week against good defense teams

ALL QB’s need healthy skilled, reliable playmakers to help them reach top-tier status. to W.I.N.
If those players are injured, playing half-assed, not getting open , dropping footballs , drawing penalties , not playing, The QB looks worse. Stafford made a lot of mistakes BY HIMSELF and a few HE couldn’t help , but he played poorly to. no excuses. QB’s flourish when their whole team is gelling and making plays together , hard to beat teams that play like a well-oiled machine together and make few mistakes.

The game against green bay will give a clear picture. Stafford will be coming after bye week . He will have full preparation against Green Bay and all play makers ready for a road game . Green Bay is not very aggressive defense . If stafford don’t play the Green Bay game well then it means teams are figuring him out