Stafford Injuries

Only posting this because of our draft pick status with the Rams.

He took a lot of damage playing for the Lions. Chronic back injury can’t be fun. He’s a tough dude though, he will play through the injuries, I’ll never question his toughness.

4 Likes

we literally broke him

1 Like

Matt is a great guy, and I have nothing against him, but for the good of the Lions it would be best to lose all games by the end of the season.
He owes us so much because we let him go.
It’s not that I’m asking too much.
:blush:

Rest him for a season and a half, then face us in the NFC championship game. :wink:

5 Likes

Was it weird that Matt didn’t meet Rams ’expectations and be traded.
Expectations are high and they think that all their problems have been solved with him.

Stafford’s toughness is unquestionable.

But his ability to not break down – at his age, road miles, and recent injury history – was always part of the equation, and it’s still obviously in question.

1 Like

Given that he didn’t play even one snap in the pre-season, I would think a couple veteran rest days aren’t out of the question. Probably not against GB, though.

Do we know these are from the field? They have four kids and Kelly is sassy and potentially quite rough.

1 Like

Or maybe Matt hurt himself while trying to dodge a soft baked pretzel :man_shrugging:

1 Like

My guess is the only thing getting punished in that household is Kelly’s hips.
They seem to have a great relationship.

They are in their 30’s now and you probably know things can heat up. :slight_smile:

To be honest I think I’d be more injured if I had four little ones to chase around. Just the one beats the crap out of me from time to time.

1 Like

But back to the topic at hand… BETTER MAGIK BEANZ!!!

Peanut Butter Dancing GIF

1 Like

I have some uneasiness about both Goff and Stafford regarding injuries. More of a leadership intangible thing than a question of physical toughness/willingness to play hurt in itself.

I wonder if Stafford doesn’t push his own tough guy image a little hard. It can be a useful way to inspire your teammates. It can also look a little like passive-aggressive excuse-making or self-aggrandizement. With all the palaver over Erin’s toe recently, the timing of this scoop about MS’s issues sounds a little reactive to me.

Goff, otoh, seems far too stoic for his own good at times. I think it undermines his leadership; guys can’t be inspired by your grit or be forgiving of your slumps if they don’t know you’re playing through something serious. I also think it can be to the team’s detriment that he’ll try to play even if an honest self-assessment would dictate sitting for the team’s sake. It was clear he was limited vs SEA in the playoffs when he had to replace Wolford, despite his protestations to the contrary earlier in the week.

1 Like

It has to be a little alarming for rams fans. He really hasn’t been hit that much this season. Chronic back injuries are never good.

1 Like

Ironically, he didn’t leave “broke”.

You get me like no other…

It’s a lot alarming for Rams fans to judge from their message board, RamsRule. They’re going through stuff that we’ve routinely processed and moved on from by early October. They haven’t even gotten around to talking about the draft yet!! Not that they have any draft picks left, but you know what I mean…

1 Like