Stafford NFC Offensive Player of the week

I took a break. It was over a year. The PFL pissed me off.
I’d rather not have political posturing in my entertainment. It’s one thing in the OTT. It’s another beast when the players are sticking in your face, then, not being able to talk about what the players are talking about without getting slapped, pushed me over the edge.
By the time I came back, I had forgotten my password, and had a new phone.

Good to see you back.

1 Like

Prime Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate was vastly superior to what the Rams currently have.

4 Likes

Great defense is usually not great for the QB stats. Part of what made Peyton’s 2004 season is his defense sucked and he could never get a big enough lead that they didn’t have to score again. Teams winning run the ball to eat clock, teams losing get gaudy garbage stats.

2 Likes

Are you saying that the media is guilty of it? If not, they are too.

1 Like

Even that is better than what Stafford had here on average (Lions averaged 26th ranked running game from 2010 - 2020). It’s also better than what he had 60% of the time in that timespan, and within a ranking point of another 30%.

Basically, Stafford had a meaningfully better running game than LA’s last game one single season in Detroit.

Crosby was a handful !

Yikes ! That’s gonna cost us chance to draft Ebron !

1 Like

I’m saying that if 99 people are saying one thing, and you find the one person who isn’t (and that person just so happens to hold your preconceived opinion), that is confirmation bias.

Doesn’t mean it isn’t possible he’s right and everyone else is wrong, just means it’s highly unlikely.

1 Like

I knew what confirmation bias was. I’d define it somewhat differently, but your example gets at the concept.
I asked a different question…i.e. whether you thought the media was guilty of it (because most in the media think Stafford will do real well, and therefore vote that way to confirm their pre-conceived belief).