Stafford now has as many rings as Farve & ARog

Yep.

I think Eli Manning fits the criteria of “you couldn’t tell the story of the NFL without him.” There are 2 Super Bowls you have to omit. You have to omit one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. You have to somehow not mention who knocked off the only 16-0 team in NFL regular season history. You would have to tell the Brady story, but somehow skip over the guy that beat him twice in Super Bowls.

2 Likes

So without this run of recent WINS would their be a campaign for his HOF worthiness. If he had gone to the Rams and had a top 10 QB season yet ultimately didn’t make the playoffs.

He keeps doing what he did this year it’s a no brainer.

Good point I wasn’t thinking about the 5 year period. However there are a lot of people who do not think Eli deserves to get in though.

Your right I forgot about the 5 year waiting period but what about Vinny? I gave you two examples.

I’ll name a few more Kerry Collins. He was 6th all time (I believe) when he retired. Definitely top 10. Had two probowls and a Super Bowl loss. He also didn’t get in.

Drew Bledsoe was also 5th all time when he retired. He had 4 pro bowls, with two different teams, a Super Bowl loss, and a Super Bowl win but Brady was actually starting because he was injured.

1 Like

The big question of the week is whether Stafford should be in the Hall? Some say he was already in before the SB, some say he’s in now that he’s won the SB, and still others think there’s more work to do.

My feeling is this SB win sealed the deal. The Valenti show was comparing Staffords stats to Ryan’s. Ryan though has played with much better talent and has played 40 more games. Stafford has all of the stats but couldn’t overcome the CovidLion virus. The one thing I will say is Stafford made a shit-ton of HOF throws. He’s got the stats, has the SB win, and a highlight real that will rival most QBs in the HOF. He passes the eye test for me. His plight was sidetracked by the team that drafted him and allowed his talent to rot. That should not be held against him.

No. Not today. We’ll see what happens over the next 3-5 years… but as it stands today, he’s not a hall of famer.

He’s in.

Acquired for two firsts a third and Goff as the QB they need to win the Super Bowl.

Then they win the Super Bowl.

Just like that.

Who isn’t voting for him?

knock it off with the Brain Tumor -BS ! I fucking had it, I nearly DIED because of it, I had years of Radiation, Chemotherapy, Bloodwork, shots, tests, I was a guienna pig , all 5 of my room mates Died when I was in the hospital. I never prayed to God harder than to kill me if that was going to be my life ! I wasn’t supposed to make it the DR’s said, I had to learn how to eat again, how to walk again, how to bathe myself again , and I had to return to a school where assholes loved to pick on the different and kick your ass every day the mood and moment struck them , all my childhood, all I wanted to do is play football…but my DR’s called ahead to every school system around my house and told them NOT to ever let ME play…so-I went to work as soon as I Graduated High-school. My home was a hospital every day…I prayed for death…but lived…when thousands of others died from cancer. try not to make light of Brain Tumors… I STILL live with part of one in my head. I WISH I could recall football facts like 90% of you from YEARS ago…but I can’t remember what day it is 60% of the time…and yes , I had dozens of " Brain Tumor headaches…I often cried like a newborn because the pain was so unbearable/when I wasn’t vomiting because of it.

3 Likes

Sending love, buddy

Ranking the QB’s that have won a Super Bowl(s) in the last 20 years (unless you are Marino, you need one).

Brady
Peyton
(Big Gap)
Rodgers/Brees
Eli/Big Ben
Stafford/Wilson

Hasn’t played enough, but unless he falls off the planet, he’ll get their - Mahommes
Definitely don’t belong - Foles/Flacco/B Johnson
I’d personally rate both Stafford and Wilson above Eli/Big Ben . . . but they have two Super Bowl wins

2 Likes

Stafford also has the same career playoff record as Mark Sanchez.

2 Likes

Maybe the fact that Testaverde just belongs in the Hall of Played a Long Time has something to do with that. The guy threw more INTs than TDs in 11 out of 21 seasons he played.

Except 1998, Testaverde largely ranged from stunk to mediocre:

Haha! You get to talk like that for one more year. :wink:
I’ve always found the Sanchez comparisons to be hilarious, even when they were drafted.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll be here all week. Tip your waitress. Try the veal. You’ve been a great audience. Goodnight.

3 Likes

The scary thing is, there are members of this forum saying, “Yea, that’s right, Stafford’s playoff record is no better than Sanchez’s!!! Stafford sucks!!!” - Anything they can use to not admit they were wrong.

4 Likes

The grasping of straws is becoming more and more desperate, less and less logical, more and more random/cherry picked stats, etc.

My logical human brain sometimes thinks it’s crazy…then I remember how patterns and identity of humans works.
Your stories create your identity. It can be tough to challenge your own identity. People think their stories are who they are.

A few of these cats will have “Matt Stafford sucks” carved into their headstones.

You know I was joking, right? :face_with_peeking_eye:

Oh yea, I knew you were joking, it’s the illogical ones that come after you that I was pointing to.

I think Kelly said it best…

5 Likes