Stafford now has as many rings as Farve & ARog

Stafford also has as many rings as Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer, and Nick Foles.

1 Like

If being the NFL and Super Bowl MVP was a requirement for entry in the HOF there would be zero Oline and Zero Defensive players in the HOF. And Marino would not be in the HOF

1 Like

That is the best part.
Special dude with a special family.
Breaks my heart that thatā€™s not Honolulu blue and silver.

3 Likes

As has been argue to nausea. Wins and loses are more of a team stat. Not a measure of QB success.

It takes a good QB to win but he canā€™t do it all by himself.

1 Like

Not true.

As Iā€™ve pointed out already Vinny Testaverde was 5 all time when he retired and he didnā€™t get in. He has two pro-bowls to Mattā€™s one as well.

Eli Manning isnā€™t in the HOF. He was top 10 when he retired and is currently 9th all time in passing yards. Heā€™s been to 4 probowls and is a two time Super Bowl winner and two time MVP.

Marino made 9 probowls. Won a league MVP and lead the league in passing yards in 5 seasons and TDā€™s 3 seasons.

Stafford has never won a league MVP or Super Bowl MVP. Never lead the league in passing yards or TDā€™s and has only made one probowl.

I just donā€™t think heā€™s a lock like some of you do.

At least not yet.

Has Eli been out of the league 5 years?..isnt that the requirement for getting into the HOF?..or is that baseball?

1 Like

There is a 5 year waiting period. Eli has only been out for 2 years, as he retired after the 2019 season.

1 Like

Yeah, so Eli will get in, he just has to wait a couple more years. Iā€™d think heā€™s a lock to make it

1 Like

I think he might need a playoff win in 1 more seasonā€¦ based on the media comments about the Rams ā€œgoing all in this yearā€ with the trades for Stafford, Von, and the signing of OBJ.

Was cooking last night and accidentally left ESPN on long enough that I heard Kornheiser question whether 4 playoff wins in 1 offseason was enough to get him in the hall.

I think he will win more playoff games, and his winning percentage will also keep climbingā€¦ so I think he gets in with a fee more good yearsā€¦ or just 1 more trip to a NFC championship game.

This is what I think too. Next year, with Woods and Kupp both out there, Matt already knowing the system, already having chemistry with the OL, etcā€¦I think he will post better numbers. I think theyā€™ll have SFā€™s number now, unless Lance ends up being really good. I think theyā€™ll beat the Cardinals up, and SEA will take a bit of a backslide, especially if they lose Wilson.

Matt will be in the MVP running next season, barring injury.

1 Like

Eli Manning isnā€™t eligible yet soā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

heā€™s a slam dunk to get in with 2 titles, IMO. Heā€™s way up the passing list too. Dude sure was surrounded by talent throughout his career. Perfect spot for success.

1 Like

Yep.

I think Eli Manning fits the criteria of ā€œyou couldnā€™t tell the story of the NFL without him.ā€ There are 2 Super Bowls you have to omit. You have to omit one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. You have to somehow not mention who knocked off the only 16-0 team in NFL regular season history. You would have to tell the Brady story, but somehow skip over the guy that beat him twice in Super Bowls.

2 Likes

So without this run of recent WINS would their be a campaign for his HOF worthiness. If he had gone to the Rams and had a top 10 QB season yet ultimately didnā€™t make the playoffs.

He keeps doing what he did this year itā€™s a no brainer.

Good point I wasnā€™t thinking about the 5 year period. However there are a lot of people who do not think Eli deserves to get in though.

Your right I forgot about the 5 year waiting period but what about Vinny? I gave you two examples.

Iā€™ll name a few more Kerry Collins. He was 6th all time (I believe) when he retired. Definitely top 10. Had two probowls and a Super Bowl loss. He also didnā€™t get in.

Drew Bledsoe was also 5th all time when he retired. He had 4 pro bowls, with two different teams, a Super Bowl loss, and a Super Bowl win but Brady was actually starting because he was injured.

1 Like

The big question of the week is whether Stafford should be in the Hall? Some say he was already in before the SB, some say heā€™s in now that heā€™s won the SB, and still others think thereā€™s more work to do.

My feeling is this SB win sealed the deal. The Valenti show was comparing Staffords stats to Ryanā€™s. Ryan though has played with much better talent and has played 40 more games. Stafford has all of the stats but couldnā€™t overcome the CovidLion virus. The one thing I will say is Stafford made a shit-ton of HOF throws. Heā€™s got the stats, has the SB win, and a highlight real that will rival most QBs in the HOF. He passes the eye test for me. His plight was sidetracked by the team that drafted him and allowed his talent to rot. That should not be held against him.

No. Not today. Weā€™ll see what happens over the next 3-5 yearsā€¦ but as it stands today, heā€™s not a hall of famer.