Stafford to the Rams

Nice haul! And I don’t mind Goff as a bridge qb. We can always cut bait and move on if need be.

Draft capital aside, which is a first more than I thought we would get let’s not forget about Goff. He is 2 years removed from being a super bowl QB.

I can work with these numbers.

I think Goff might be getting flipped. There is a supply demand imbalance with QBs this year. He’s expensive but still has some value to a few teams I think. Indy is really interesting. He’d work well there.

Flip goff to indy

1 Like

Even if they are late 1sts, that’s still.a great haul and who knows, they could underachieve. They get the 3rd this year too.

Also, Goff is only 26 so he could bounce back and has been mentioned, they could get out of his contract fairly easily if it doesn’t work out next year.

It’s so weird to be on the positive end of a blockbuster trade. Very creatively well done trade by Holmes and co. I’m impressed.

2 Likes

Where’s all the folks that thought we wouldn’t net a first for Matt?

Granted those two firsts will be late end of first round unless Stafford gets hurt but still some first round picks.

Not happy to move on from Matt but happy about this deal.

Goff can be stop gap while we groom a young Qb. There’s also small chance he could turn out to be a good QB.

Nice haul for a disgruntled Qb

3 Likes

Roll Call!

I’ll be the first to check in. I was WAAAYYYYY OFF!

(I did however, say that I hoped I was wrong).

…and boy was I wrong. It feels good being wrong sometimes. And this feels pretty darn good!

What a haul of picks and a talented QB in return. Don’t buy Goff stocks yet. Could he get moved in another trade by Detroit?

He’s overpaid by 4m or so per year but he doesn’t suck.

4 Likes

Exactly!

Yes, and yes

not an either/or situation - he’s both
:wink:

Exactly - and mortgage your house betting on the Rams next time we play them…bet on the Rams.

1 Like

I was “two first’s + third” prediction. Not sure I’ll give myself a pat on the back though as unsure if Goff is net negative and the second FRP is payment for taking him on.

https://lionstalk.com/t/guess-stafford-trade/8561/131?u=owen16

3 Likes

Remember when we weren’t getting a single 1st?

Good times

4 Likes

On the flip side, Stafford with the #1 rated defense and a running game . . . I’m doing a futures bet on the Rams.

8 Likes

They could deal Goff too :man_shrugging:t2:

Bypassing = the act of explaining away even the hardest proof in order to justify and hold onto your own idea/opinion as a means fo “being right” and protecting your ego/identity. Nicely done.

Stafford’s 2021 stats are going to be similar (if not better than) Brady’s 2020 stats.

1 Like

Well the Stafford debate will end in one way or another

3 Likes

Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Josh Reynolds, Van Jefferson. Tyler Higbee at TE.

This isn’t NBA trade finder, Goff will be on this roster next year. You heard about how much Holmes liked him.

I just hope we take Fields and sit him like he needs to and takes over for Goff. That is all. Is that too much to hope for?

1 Like

HELL YEAH!!! A great deal. Goff has $43M gtd over the next 2 years. But the great news about the 2022 and 2023 picks is that we dont have to draft a QB this year and waste a year of this 5 year deal. We have to play Goff this year. Such a smart deal. Finally a GM that I can believe in.

4 Likes

Stafford is about to win playoff games, super bowls, which completely changes the narrative about his career. That defense with McVay and STAFFORD? Holy shit…never in my wildest dreams did I think this was possible. Love this trade for both teams. LFG. Jared Goff is an expensive bridge qb…but that haul is impressive.

5 Likes