Starling Thomas picked up by Arizona

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1696926151220904336?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1696926151220904336|twgr^db873d906eed02e47faf3a0855acbe2591480fa1|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F165jszn%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dtrue

Was a risky bet, seems like it didnt pay off

Lucas is likely back on PS

1 Like

Agreed. Had Melifonwu been cut, no team would’ve claimed him.

4 Likes

Damn, him being let go was my biggest concern.

1 Like

Thomas has alot of promise, but he needs to fix his grabbing issues

He likely will see time playing on Arizonas 53, and with a solid defensive mind in Gannon

interested to see how he plays this years, if he stagnates or improve during the year

4 Likes

Damn! Starling was no under radar for long. Didnt like the move for Dorsey.

I look forward to Thomas having a better year than Will Harris

2 Likes

Yeah well iffy hasn’t showen much promise and has big coverage issues.

Signed by the team tanking.

They only signed him cause he sucks.

1 Like

Considering Iffy is at S

would have made more sense to keep Joseph over him (which i argue should have been the choice, but Brad likes to stick to his guys it seems lol)

The better the roster gets, the harder it will be to keep young players like Thomas… Get used to this happening as long as Holmes keeps upgrading the 53.

5 Likes

Glad half full take: our roster is so good that we cut a guy who was claimed in the top 3 of the waiver wire. I’d imagine he was claimed by many teams.

Happy that he didn’t go to the Bears.

4 Likes

Not surprised! When you’re considered a good team, lesser teams will target your cast-offs.

Good luck Starling Thomas

6 Likes

The Cards claimed 6 players, that’s got to be some kind of record.

4 Likes

No kidding.

And while I’m not an NFL exec (I know surprising) I just don’t get the way they handled Starling. They could have kept others who would have breezed through waivers if they’d just kept this kid and figured it out later. He could have been gunner, for one. I guess we’ll see. Dorsey vs. Starling (not to mention Iffy, Cabinda etc) will be something to watch.

I think they viewed Dorsey as more ready and valued that given Moseley timeline uncertainty.

Yup. That too.

Wait’ll next year when even more talented players are getting swiped off our heap

Keeping Harris over him.is baffling but he’s one of those MCDC guys that aren’t good but are a culture fit so…it is what it is.

This is probably a nothingburger long term but still sucks to lose promising talent just to keep a guy who is a good guy or something.

Neither Bam Knight or Austin Watkins were claimed? :thinking:

I don’t think this has anything to do with having to cut good players , it has to do with keeping a bad players you drafted over a good player.

1 Like

Nope