Stefon Diggs to the Texans

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775537949104394657?s=20

1 Like

Wow… did NOT see that happening!!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

That is a massive trade and really takes Houston’s WR core to the next level. Nico Collins played like a legit #1 guy last year and Tank Dell was having a hell of a season prior to injury. Throw in Diggs and they may have the best WR group in the league.

2 Likes

Who’s gonna be the first to say the Lions should of traded for him :roll_eyes::joy:

2 Likes

Yes they are going for it while Stroud is on the rookie deal. Got about four to five more years before that second contract ramps up.

This is a pretty daring move in regards to culture though.

7 Likes

Called it… betting odds were right again

1 Like

Does Diggs still have it though? He went 3 months straight without a 100 yard game to end the season. I know this cause I had him on 1 of my fantasy teams and he was driving me nuts. :wink:

5 Likes

Having Nico Collins, Tank Dell and Dalton Schultz, plus Noah Brown as WR4 means Diggs aint getting doubled anytime soon

I don’t think he is still a top 10WR, but he’s probably still top 15. He also plays better when his head/heart is in it too, which I don’t think it was in Buffalo the past 1-2 years.

I personally think he acts like a douche and I would not want him on my team. Seemed to be very selfish. Not sure how much he will like being the 1B to Collins, as Collins was the better player last year.

8 Likes

Also yeah, Buffalo 100 percent going WR in the draft

interesting to see if someone trades up to snipe them

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11-16-20 Bills trade WR Stefon Diggs to Texans for 2025 second-round draft pick

Everybody thought it was the Vikings maneuvering the draft board.

It was the Texans maneuvering to get this done.

They still have all picks in every round 2025 next year plus an extra 5th now.

And they have 2 2s and a 3 this year… like 6 day 3 picks this year to move around the board

3 Likes

Especially if he doesn’t get his targets… he becomes a big baby.

King Of Queens Baby GIF by TV Land

3 Likes

Wow. Texans are a real threat

I think this puts them in the possibility of trading up for the WR they want…how we got Jamo

They could go get Brian Thomas

tbf if they get AD Mitchell

AD, Curtis Samuel, Shakir, James Cook, plus Knox and Kincaid as good TE’s isnt terrible as a recieving core overall tbh

Depth though is questionable

also

31 Million dead cap hit for the bills is a yikes, but it really seems they are doing a 1 year re-tool

right move imo, they aint playing it like the Saints, keep on kicking the can down the road

1 Like

After consulting with Mike Greenberg, the Lions realized their Super Bowl window has closed. Therefore, no point in making this kind of move.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that, so I looked it up. Not only did he not have a 100 yard game…but over the last 8 weeks of the season its hard to find 2 consecutive games where you can add them together and get to 100 yards. The only exception is the final 2 weeks of the season. His 26 yards and 87 yards adds up to 113 yards between the 2 games. There was another 2 game stretch where he had 22 targets (11 targets in back to back games) and STILL didn’t get to 100 yards between both games. He only had 98 yards.

He started off on fire and then fizzled out. He is over 30 years old now, so he has hit that magical number wall.

2 Likes

They definitely weren’t bringing him into our locker room. The Texans are going all in to try and win a SB you have to respect what they are doing down there.

2 Likes

They really need a volume guy now. Although maybe that becomes Shamir/Kincaid.

1 Like