Stock Piling Talent Starting with this 2023 Draft

Dickerson would be a BEAST at center. Big dude and excellent run blocker for a center.

Yeah he was great there at Alabama

I’m super excited to see what Brad Holmes does this offseason and the draft. I think we should go CB and Bijan if he’s there with our Rams first… If not I won’t mind a CB and Brian Branch he’s a ballhawk reminds me alittle of minkah fitzpatrick.

What do you guys think about Lions trading down getting a 1st in 2024 draft? At least then we stack on talent this year and have 2 1st rounders to move up next year in the draft to get Caleb, Maye…

6 Likes

If you don’t see a great pick where we are with the Rams pick, then trading down and picking up future 1st/2nd can make a lot of sense. Even picking up 2nd in this draft can make sense if only dropping a bit.

5 Likes

I think brown is a must sign and will be the starting rg. Hes too valuable to let go with how ragnows injuries have been the last 2 seasons.

2 Likes

Im starting to believe a o lineman in top of draft might be a good idea Decker isnt getting younger and Ragnow has that foot problem.

2 Likes

Brown has been a “plug and play” guy for us and I also would like him back but not as a starter. BTW, Cooper Beebe has committed to returning to KS, in fact their starting 5 on the OL are all coming back. Anyway, it leaves us with 1 fewer option For you Michigan guys, any thoughts on drafting Olusegun Oluwatmi to play RG?

4 Likes

Ringo/Gonzalez- after Rams trade down… CB

Bijan Robinson- RB

Drew Sanders- LB

Calijah Kancey- 3T

John Michael Schmitz- C/RG

Ji Ayir Brown- SS

Dorian Williams- LB

DTR- QB

K- Jake Moody.

Draft….

1. B Young
  2. Carter
  3. Levis
  4. W Anderson
  5. Trade Carolina- CJ Stroud
  6. Murphy
  7. Q Johnson
  8. B Bresee
    • Detroit: Ringo or Gonzalez

Detroit gets #9, #39, and 2024 3rd rounder…

Free agents resign- Chark, Buggs, AA, Commish, Elliott, Swaggy….

Free agents outside- Dalvin Tomlinson, Jamel Dean

We need some veterans on the defense…. We need continuity on the offense…

Hutch/Houston
Tomlinson/Kancey
McNeill/Levi/Buggs
Commish/Paschal

Sanders/Rodrigo/Barnes
AA/Dorian Williams

Okudah/Jacobs
J Dean/Gonzalez
Elliott/Walker
K Joseph
J Ayir Brown/Iffy.

Even as a 3-4

5T- Commish/Paschal

NT- Tomlinson/Buggs

DT- McNeill/Kancey/Levi O

OLB- Houston/Sanders

ILB- AA/D Williams

ILB- Rodrigo/Barnes

Edge- Hutch/Paschal

CB- Okudah/Gonzalez

CB- Dean/Jacobs

FS- K Joseph/Walker

SS- Elliott/Ayir Brow

I love Oluwatimi

1 Like

Goff

Bijan/Swaggy/Swift

Jamo/Chark/ASB/Reynolds/Raymond

Wright/Mitchell

Decker/Nelson

J Jackson/Sternberg

Ragnow/Michael Schmitz

Michael Schmitz/Awosika

Sewell/Nelson

There’s as good a chance Carter or Anderson are available as there is of trading down. We keep proposing it as if it’s this easy thing when in fact it’s highly unlikely to happen.

3 Likes

Welcome, BallHawk. We’ll learn a lot today about the draft order, though hopefully not the exact location of our own pick. It’s hard for me to hone in on trade possibilities until the Rams pick is set. Trading at #5 and trading at #9 are different animals.

2 Likes

Yessirrr! A lot to talk about after todays games, the worst possible outcome for us would be a Rams win then we lose, I’ll be heartbroken. I can’t wait for todays game, all white uniforms. Pound the rock and play smash mouth football… I’m calling it now, Jamo TD bomb off play action…

I look forward to the day (Soon) where we are so rich in talent, it will be difficult to keep our later round picks on the roster. It can happen, if so, it gives us a window to trade our 4’s for next years 3’s and our 5’s for the next years 4’s. This can go on for years. It gives us draft capital in future years that allows us to consistently be using our own 1-3 picks and trade up for more 2-3 picks.
Of course the way Brad finds talent, I never want to trade away all the later beanz, but as our roster grows in talent, those late round picks will find it much more difficult to make the roster.

2 Likes

That simply isn’t true, and you know that. On average 6 first round picks get traded every year….

You truly don’t think Washington, Carolina or Tennessee would throw a second this year, and maybe. 4th next year for #5-6?

This is where somebody posts…. “we would need to get more than that!” Thus the difficulty trading down…

Let’s say the Lions picks is going to be a CB/S…

Rams pick…. Bresee, Murphy, Wilson, Ringo-

Or

Potentially one of them…. Or Bijan, Gonzalez etc…but also that pick from #38-44 nets us a top 3-4 interior OL player like Torrence or Michael Schmitz.

We’d still have our pick, our 2nd, Vikes 2nd, and our 3rd for the D….

I will take Torrence and Bijan combined over any defender in the draft outside of MAYBE- Carter

3 Likes

I pretty much stop reading any post or mock that includes a trade down.

Every fan loves them… but it is so rare it just isn’t something I entertain any longer.

5 Likes

Trade downs are of tough to pull off as nowadays 20 teams share that objective. We’ll have a better idea of the odds of it happening once the draft commences. If there’s an early QB run and only one of the perceived elite guys (still TBD which are seen as elite) is left than I think the odds increase. Though that may he from 5% to 20% or something like that.

Let’s say we pick 9 and only Richardson remains, it wouldn’t shock me if the Giants would move up for Richardson.

I also think the Seahawks remain a possibility. They could easily move back up from 17 for one of the QBs. They wouldn’f even need tk use a second 1st rounder. They’ll be in the market for a QB once Geno sh!ts the bed today.

5 Likes

In practice yes… but in reality it’s just as easy to trade either pick-

There are 15 guys that currently carry a 2nd/3rd round grade that I believe could immediately impact our team….

Torrence
Michael Schmitz
Voorhees

Charbonnet
Gibbs

Forbes
Witherspoon
Ayir Brown

Kancey
Ika
Keion White
Benton

Drew Sanders
J Campbell
O Pappoe

Zay Flowers
Rashee Rice

I’d love to get 2 of these players and Bijan Robinson, Peter Skoronski, or Gonzalez/Ringo for the #5/6 pick

A)
Bijan
Michael Schmitz
Pappoe

B)
Bijan
Kancey
Olawatimi

C)
Bijan
R Rice
Olawatimi

D)
Bijan
Michael Schmitz
Ayir Brown

These are all picks added by trading #5 and #148 for #11, #41, and #76….

I know we need HELP at DT, S, LB etc…

We could also really use a 3 down RB and a full time RG, and a WR3….

I see zero way Bijan isn’t a really good RB…. I see zero chance Holmes can’t find an upgrade to Big V or E Brown at #41 overall…… I think the odds are good of finding a WR3 for red one like Hutchinson or AT Perry in 3……

We’d still have #17, #48, #58, #78 all for D …. Plus 2 free agents.

I’m with you, I just feel like as much as Goff has been balling I don’t want his success to make us believe he’s our guy going forward and we become the chiefs with Alex Smith… That’s why I wish we trade down get more draft capital and hopefully a 1st in 2024 with a strong QB class. And it’s possible… if Arizona wins and Colts win and rams lose (hopefully not) we will have a top 5 pick and teams panic and move up to get their QB

Alex Smith threw more than 26 tds zero times. I think he broke 20 just 3 times in 12-13 years