Stock Piling Talent Starting with this 2023 Draft

It simply is true, the odds of it happening for each team individually are astronomically low. Less than 1%. Yes, there’s trade-downs every draft, but go and look at how many times the Jags have traded down, or the Texans. Or even us. Team-by-team you’ll realize the odds of it happening basically aren’t worth discussing, as @Phunnypharm said.

Certain spots make it more likely of course but we’re not in one of those spots. And even then only by a couple of percentage points.

1 Like

I don’t think any team is moving up for a QB in this draft.

I think Young is going #1… and I don’t see any other QB garnering trade interest. It’s one thing for a team to take a swing on a QB with natural tools (Levis, AR)… but I just don’t see any GM betting on them enough to give up extra picks in the wake of Trey Lance and Justin Fields. Those QBs could still turn out… but the circumstances around those trades have bad optics right now.

So what… :person_shrugging:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

I think DaBoll is likely high on both Levis and Richardson. If he doesn’t feel like one makes it to hik I could see him the Giants moving up.

1 Like

3 Likes

Since QBs are the most likely drivers of trades in the first round, IMO, finding a trade partner at #5 will be easier than at #9. That’s would presumably involve the 3rd QB.

1 Like

Goff has been balling out but, we know when it matters most and we’re playing from behind most of us aren’t very confident in Goff. I don’t want to waste too much time before we realize we won’t win a championship with Goff… I hope I’m proven wrong but I think his max potential is to take us to the playoffs and that’s it… it’s kinda like a Jimmy G situation where they can get it done but if we go down and it’s passing situations we kinda fold. Look I’m rooting for Goff and I hope I’m proven wrong…

2 Likes

I think Carolina or Indy (assuming they win and Rams lose) would consider a trade up especially if Houston goes against what is predicted and takes Anderson #1.

2 Likes

In FA I would love to get Roquan to pair with Rodrigo

Maybe a Troy Hill for NB

But I won’t go with who we will get just a couple

Cam Smith or Joey Porter Jr CB
Bijan Robinson HB
Calijah Kancey/Gervon Dexter/Maxi Smith DT
Rome Odunze WR
Jaren Hall QB
Jammie Robinson S
Johnny Wilson WR
Jake Moody K

Lol yeah, I keep having Carter fall to me on the simulators too. I always restart them when he or Anderson falls cause it doesn’t feel realistic. I also wish PFN would get the guys who are going back to school out of the sim. And ffs move Witherspoon up!

3 Likes

They’re adjusting, I noticed Gonzalez went from being there in the 2nd every draft to being ranked like 18th overall now.

I start over when I see Bryce Young available at our pick… Come on man…

1 Like

I don’t think he’ll be there but I actually think he’s most likely to fall of the top 3. NFL FOs make their decisions out of fear and the idea of drafting a QB who’s smaller than anyone who’s ever succeeded before is gonna scare them shitless. Drafting outliers is usually bad business. I don’t think he’ll fall but he feels the most likely.

Young is IMO the only player in this draft that can Caserio’s job.

Trading down can be good or bad. I always factor in luck. We were for the most part healthy this season. Next season could be totally different. There’s no guarantee Goff plays lights out next season. This is why GMs have a tough job. You have to forsee the future

Save? Ruin?

He’s toast barring a miracle. I don’t see an impact DT or Edge accomplishing that.

The theory I’ve heard from my Texans fan buddies is draft one of the two premier talents at the top, then trade up from their second 1st round pick to get a QB. I could see them doing something like that if they like Levis or Stroud.

That makes sense from the standpoint of an organizational leader on stable footing. I believe the human element will win out and Nick will take Young and hope he can get him 5/6 wins and buy him one more year of job security. If Nick gets fired then I might change my prediction.

1 Like

Just heard a packers fan on 97.1 the ticket questioning whether brad holmes could find talent laster in the first round… like wtf, a guy getting a bunch of late round performers cant find talent if his first rounders start shifting down to the 20s instead of top 10.

Rieger didnt mention it and said good point, i would have been like so st brown, houston, rodrigo, kerby… all selected outside of the top half of the first round but if he is selecting his 1st pick at 26 he wont be able to find talent… he needs to keep finding talent but that take from packers fan is just ridiculous

1 Like