'Stop Playing With Me': Robertson Wants 'Depth Player' Label Shed

1 Like

I think Robertson is going to be the primary NB this year, with Branch playing S.

Robertson incentives are the same for each year. He is betting on himself:

• $200K - 60% PT
  • $200K - 70% PT
  • $200K - 4 INT’s
  • $150K - Pro bowl
4 Likes

He must read the den

3 Likes

I wonder if he has 1000 different screen names?

4 Likes

how has Rakestraw been looking? Anyone heard anything?

1 Like

He hasn’t really done much because he had core muscle surgery at the end of his college season.

The little amout he has been out there though, they described it as “his versatility being on full display”

2 Likes

Rakestraw mostly continues to do walkthroughs and positional drills with minimal team work. However, late in practice, he did get some run during 7-on-7 red zone drills.

I mean, players have millions of dollars on the line when the line is starter vs. depth, so no doubt he’s annoyed by this talk.

But he fits the mold in DET and has a great chance to start at NB.

From a team perspective, who would want a guy who was happy to be a backup, make some dough and then retire? We want dogs and Robertson is one.

9 Likes

Awesome post!

:pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Expect him to be eased in slowly this year like Jamo.

Maybe even PUP to start the season

3 Likes

Hes gonna be a depth player year 1.

Rotational player. Especially if Moseley is fully healthy and ready to go.

Moseley is statistically better than Robertson.

Hell get more snaps than the rookies. But if everyone is healthy, hes the 4th best CB/NB on the team.

Lets not forget that it has been two years since Mosely has seen any consistent playing much less occasional snaps. I love the optimism but I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes him a minute to get game speed back.

6 Likes

Just loving how this secondary can come together.

Just brutal to face, all of them physical, in your face type DBs.

Going to be fun to watch Davis, Arnold, Robertson, Branch, Rakestraw, Kerby and Iffy back there. That has got to be the best DB group the Lions have ever fielded.

Edit: Forgot about Mosely, another starting quality CB. Just amazeballs at this group.

5 Likes

I think he’s CB4 that backs up all 3 guys
CD3
Arnold
Branch

PUP Moseley & Rakestraw

Hence rotational Player.

If EVERYONE is healthy all 17 games (wont happen but just for this argument)

Branch 90%+ snaps,
Davis, 70%
Moseley 50%
Robertson 40%
Arnold 30%
Rakstraw 20%

Just a guess. But pretty much EVERY one is a rotational player on defense other than Branch

Yea, I think you are too optimistic on Mosely percentage I have Robertson ahead of him.

7 Likes

Also would not count out Steven Gilmore to make the roster. He could be a young Robertson backup if he takes a step forward.

3 Likes

For sure, Mosely will have to earn reps as a boundary backup to begin with. I think they have Robertson penciled in as the starting nickel with Branch moving to safety primarily.

If you’re keepig Branch on the field, and you’re keeping Carlton Davis on the field, then two of these guys are depth pieces this year:

Iffy
KerJo
Rake
TA
Amik

If Branch plays safety, then Iffy or KerJo is out. If Branch plays nickel, Amik is out, unless Amik beats out TA, which is very possible. Its very possible that both our rookies start out as depth pieces. Its going to be a bloodbath on the defensive backfield. Some very good players are not going to be happy.

2 Likes