Suh and Fairley?

First of all stop putting words in my mouth. I never said they didn’t offer a big contract and I didn’t say this was solely the only reason.

This isn’t even like insider stuff. You keep saying you are 100% aware of the vets talking and yet here you are pushing back. Bill keenist literally had this conversation in the past as well as previously mentioned members of the 2014 team.

Following me around and calling my comments bullshit is a funny way of passing your time. There are a lot more fun things to do……

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

Suh had said winning starts at top
And wanted to be paid and win imo

Lions ownership wasn’t Sheila

If Sheila had been in charge perhaps
We keep Suh Calvin Staff because they all know ownership in it to win it

Nice practice field and all

2 Likes

Yea, I’m honestly confused bc this topic is something heard around before and it’s not hush hush. Bell when he was on Woodward sports talked about it. Glover Quinn has done interviews and talked about it and Bill keenist has also done a podcast or two talking about it. And they focused the convo on exactly what you are saying.

1 Like

The structure of the deal was the magic trick that screwed us, because Suh and his agent had the Dolphins by the balls. They would either pay him like Matt Stafford or he could take another bite at the apple 3 years later. I can appreciate why Suh did what he did. I would have too.

I do not recall this ever happening. Are you thinking about Suh?

It was weird because it held bad teams back from getting better, while allowing good teams to get even better. I am so glad they changed the system. It was ridiculous. And just to throw in the added disadvantage it gave bad teams…motivation. Good teams were picking guys who were going to make good money but be motivated to get to the big 2nd contract. Bad teams players came into the league with big 2nd contract money.

3 Likes

It’s just business and their systems but either way , since teams manage it even now -

Good teams vs Bad teams

If an owner wants to win , when the team is close , we see the resources appear … the signs they’re committed

2 Likes

Nope, Fairley with the Saints

Good to hear from you again RW.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.