Super Bowl Contender to Borderline Playoff Team in 2 days of FA

1. Davis. $15M and a 3rd for an avg CB who can’t stay healthy? We’ll see what Fuller and Gilmore get. Bet it won’t be much more. At all. Would’ve much rather paid a bit more for one of them and kept our 3rd. F.

2. Robertson. $5M/yr for a guy whose stats say “Arena League”. Would’ve much rather given a proven great NFL player Darious Williams $7M/yr. F.

3. Davenport. $10M for an avg backup DE who can’t stay healthy. Would’ve much rather seen that money go towards a starting NT or RE. F.

Goff’s making $60M/yr next yr. ASB’s making $30M. Penei’s making $25M. McNeill’s making $20-25M, Iffy’s making $15-20M. Honeymoon is over with all the sweet rookie contracts after this yr. And it only gets worse after that with our other young players (Hutch, Jameson, Kerby…Gibbs, LaPorta, Branch, Campbell). And Goff isn’t Mahomes/Brady/Manning/Brees…he’s not going to be able to win a superbowl with the mediocre talent we’re going to be able to afford to surround him with. 2024-25 was our window; our only shot, at a Super Bowl.

If they get real aggressive from here on out, maybe they can salvage the FA season. But it looks like we won’t.

And anyone with any objectivity whatsoever would look at those ^ 3 moves and say F, F, F.

It’s not even though we found bargains. We just paid bad injury-prone players almost the exact same as other teams paid good, healthy players.

Just stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

1 Like

Oh ■■■■ off already.

22 Likes

Is bypassing the past and massively jumping to conclusions stupid?
Asking for a friend.

This topic will close 3 months after the last reply.

6 Likes

I mean i dont disagree with everything.

1 Like

Why don’t you let the offseason play out first? Did you judge last year by the first 30 hours of free agency? No offense, but you’re coming off as really stupid. Like it’s cool to be excited or disappointed by the offseason moves, but it’s barely started.

5 Likes

We’ve already wasted $30M of our precious cap space in the most critical off-season of our lives on absolute trash.

What are you waiting for?

If you don’t use logic and facts to form an opinion, logic and facts will never change your mind.

3 Likes

God this place is such a fkng waste of time. Enjoy huffing your paint Lincoln Park. Im done.

2 Likes

Promise?

11 Likes

He is just pissed we haven’t gotten another kicker yet.

Thaaaat makes 2 of us. LOL

1 Like

Well you’re not wrong

Laughing Man Lol GIF

2 Likes

Ok genius. What’s your plan? You seem to have all the answers.

1 Like

@blueadams who would you sign that’s left???

STOP IT, it’s like saying Beetlejuice.

3 Likes

The Lions offense will be even better in 2024 with Gibbs and Jamo, LaPorta growing up and hitting the ground running, literally.

The offense will be top 5 again, possibly top 3. Possibly #1. Guard is an issue, that’s about it.

CB will be better, though that’s not saying much. But better if the guys they have stay healthy, looking at you Moseley - and Davis. Draft a kid to compete to start later in the year.

Need to add a DT and DE.

The defense will be better in the second years of Campbell and Branch. There’s plenty of young upside. Just a few pieces from being a very strong unit. And no team is perfect for crying out loud, which is exactly what the this thread is about. Crying.

4 Likes

Very rarely do teams sign a bunch of talented high price free agents in the first 2 days of free agency in March and end up making themselves contenders

If you had some examples I would love to hear them

2 Likes

I am sorry. It’s gold though lol

1 Like

This may be the dumbest thread I’ve seen on here in a long time. That says a lot.

3 Likes