Super Bowl Contender to Borderline Playoff Team in 2 days of FA

I actually want Nick Folk myself

For real, let’s not go crazy here

We have for sure regressed well other teams got better with the moves that were made.

But this lions sold out Ford field no need to splash in FA.

Much tougher schedule this season. 9-8 10-7 still with who we have, wild card team. Unless Brad surprises us.

I think you are way way underestimating this squad.

2 Likes

Complain about the players we signed? Sure. You don’t have to like them.

But complain about the money? The money that isn’t yours? That every single time is exorbitantly spending because of the rise in cap? Come on.

1 Like

I really feel like you are just upset that the guys you wanted them to sign, didn’t get signed. We have no idea who they have offered contracts to. Just because this is the new hot-spot for football doesn’t mean players aren’t going to take the most money.

1 Like

It kinda is our money. We watch, we go to games, we buy foam fingers, and much more. If we dont do that. Then there is no football.

I think I remembered Brad indicating that he wasn’t interested in winning in March. The move he makes are to help the team win in December. I care WAY more about playing and winning games in December and January than I do about “salvaging” FA by being aggressive.

Again, Brad said this is how FA would go. Anyone surprised hasn’t been paying attention.

(Or thinking Brad was just being coy…he must be playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers…nope…he is doing what he said he would do.

Well then…,. Bye! Please don’t come back, f*** all the way off and stay gone. Don’t need you don’t want you can’t stand you!!! Bbbbbbbnbbbyyyyyeeee!

1 Like

What’s the avg learning curve for a rookie CB to become decent in the NFL? 2 years? 3 years? And you think after 1/2 a season, a CB drafted at 29 will be a stud.

I predict the Goff will be sacked twice the numbers that he was last year. Our biggest need is a IOL. So now the CB is pushed back to 58. A good DL can help avg CB play. Let’s get a DE at 29. That pushes a IOL back to 58. So now the stud rook CB is a 3rd rounder. IMO, this is the route we take: DE, IOL then CB and hope for the best. Even if they trade up, follow the same formula.

No, I said in year one a solid rookie could compete for a starting role, be in the mix for some playing time. Not be a stud out of the box. Keep your pants on :slight_smile:

You can find a starting caliber CB in the draft who can be an upgrade from day 1 but that’s hard to do at 29 if you ask me. If we drafted one at 29 I’d expect a 2-3 year learning curve. But CB’s are such a premium in today’s NFL teams start reaching by pick 15.

I’m ok taking a CB at 29 but getting some veterans is a wise decision. I think Brad knew he’d have to trade up to find a real solution and the cost was too high. Signing some vets gives us the flexibility to grab someone like Slay who has the physical traits but will need a few years to develop.

Not to mention I think it gives us the flexibility to take a DE, DT or BPA at 29 instead of forcing and reaching for a prospect.

2 Likes

Nobody expected LaPorta to come in and set the league on fire playing a position with a steep learning curve like TE.

If you pick the horse whose game translates well to the NFL the fastest then you’re getting a kid that can play some decent snaps in year one.

It’s a crap shoot, but that’s why GMs get paid the big bucks. Find the right kid.

Get him ready to take over for Sutton in year two would be a reasonable goal.

It’s entirely possible that’s the route they go. But it will depend more on BPA than position group. Look at Holmes’ track record. They ID their guys and will go and get them, damn what the pundits say. If he stays at 29 he could go in any direction.

We love you too

Dude you should really stop posting until you learn a little about the game. You obviously know very little about Davis as your views are on the boarder of being incompetent. Lol , every time you post this crap you show everyone here that your not really up on the game or players.

Here maybe this will help
Drama Crying GIF by Instacart

Not saying it can’t happen but ask yourself when was the last time a late first round or second round CB came in and set the world on fire as a rookie.

CB is far different than TE. Very few TE’s are drafted round one so when you draft one where we did with Laporta you’re getting one of the top TE prospects in the draft. But…… by round two or pick 29 most teams have already jumped on the top 4-6 best CB options in the draft. GM’s reach for CB’s far more than they do a TE by pick 29 we could be taking the 7th best option. It’s much harder to hit when your options are more limited to choose from.

If you look at last years draft 4 CB’s were gone by pick 29. If you look at 2022 5 DB’s were gone by pick 29. Daxton Hill was taken by Cincy at pick 31

In 2022 the first TE taken was pick 55. In 2023 the Lions took the 2nd TE at pick 34.

My point is at 29 you get the best TE option in most drafts while you get the 5th or 6th best DB option.

Is woolen the most recent?

frustrated the office GIF

All I said was compete to start by the second half, still a bit lofty perhaps but that is why I mentioned LaPorta. Surprises happen every rookie class. Yeah the track record for corners is as you point out, a rough road. But if the kid, even if he is a third day pick, is the dark horse nobody else sees, Holmes legend will continue to grow. Some CB in this class is going to shock. Who finds him?