Super Bowl halftime show

Damn.

Say what you want, but … damn.

This is going to be hot.

3 Likes

The best time to drop the kids off at the pool and restock the beer fridge!

2 Likes

Raise your hand if you knew everyone except Kendrick Lamar.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

3 Likes

Half time will be spent getting more food, using the restroom, more beer, checking squares, checking lionstalk.com . . . then on to the 2nd half. I always hate it when the NFL makes it hard to have a clear plan of attack.

2 Likes

Maybe Kendrick will drop his album at halftime.

1 Like

This is my kind of halftime! Cheers DS!

1 Like

Never heard of him.

1 Like

One of these things is not like the other…and it’s not because she’s a she

It’s because she’s not very good, or at least anywhere near on par w the other 4.

Ever see The Wiz Live? She was terrible…I mean so was Common, but he was just doing some kind of weird spoken word riff…She was just bad.

That said, the ego factor of being part of a group show may have kept the bigger female stars from committing.

@BigNatty Natty…you’d love Kendrick Lamar. He did the soundtrack for Black Panther, among many other things…

2 Likes

I’ll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Every artist performing is amazing at what they do.

But Lamar is the only bonafide genius.

1 Like

Interesting. Song recommendations?

Literally, any. His music is important because he’s communicating incredibly important topics to a wide audience about and to the Black community.

But my favorite is Swimming Pools. His metaphors are vital and important to understand. Don’t miss them.

Humble might be his most favorite. The video is a masterpiece.

Alright is at or near the top. It was basically the BLM anthem.

Spend sometime with him. You won’t regret it.

3 Likes

It’s art, so opinions will vary.

If I could listen to only 2 of those artists for the rest of my life, it’d be Snoop and Mary J.

Lots of good songs. Here’s Swimming Pools along with a cheat sheet to the deeper meaning. https://www.songmeaningsandfacts.com/swimming-pools-drank-by-kendrick-lamar/

2 Likes

I never, and I mean NEVER thought I’d get back on here and see you guys going into a full length discussion about Kendrick Lamar. That is something I never thought I’d see.

DAMN. was good as a whole.

I’m just happy that hopefully he’s going to drop this year after his break. If Family Ties is just a preview then he might have Album of the Year.

So let’s keep it going, just for fun. LOL

This song takes on a different energy when you listen to it in the dark or in your car at night time.

1 Like

Also his feature on New Freezer was heat. It’s a shame that Rich The Kid couldn’t get any more momentum after that album and he’s kind of flat-lined now.

I’d rather listen to Joe Bonamassa, White Stripes, Ted Nugent or ZZ Top…

1 Like

The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored. Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface.

Over thousands of years, small blind transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by a human.

These fish care more about who plays at halftime of the Super Bowl than I do.

2 Likes

How in the name of all things Lions can you tell that story and it NOT be about DeAndre Levy?

3 Likes