T.J. Hockenson: League needs to look at low hits against offensive players

#thankfulforlaporta

3 Likes

Take out the low hit… take out the high hit… take out the tackling.

Hey everybody is their window open? I feel a draft…and we’re playing flag football

1 Like

Yeah, that’s where its slowly heading. But that’s where the “money” is, so either accept it or move on, so I’m told.

2 Likes

“ But, on the same hand, I would’ve much rather gone down with a concussion for two weeks than have to go through this for nine months.”

Well TJ, the billionaires that made you fabulously wealthy vehemently disagree with you on the matter.

2 Likes

This the same TJ Hockenson that used to try and jump over players? Spare me the ■■■■■■■ lecture, TJ. You’re a football player. An helmet contact is far, far, far, far more serious than a torn knee ligament.

2 Likes

I’ve actually heard several nfl players say the exact same thing. I get it though…some guys never come back from ACL tears and it costs them millions of dollars. Hock in a sense is lucky because he got paid before the serious injury.

2 Likes

Getting the feeling Hock isn’t the brightest bulb in the batch

I think LaPorta is way smarter

2 Likes

Just ask Jahvid Best.

2 Likes

Maybe he inhaled too much smoke

because he got to witness Jack Fox up close for a couple of years.

1 Like

In the short term I understand why these guys would say that, but long-term is a different story. I suspect if you ask anyone 40+ who played in the league, they’d say the opposite.

3 Likes

This part gave me a chuckle. "When you’re 25 yards downfield, looking back at the quarterback, you don’t have any awareness.” - TJ Hockenson

2 Likes

You signed up to play a contact sport…willingly…and are being compensated millions as a result. Quit whining.

1 Like

That’s why I’m glad he’s gone and wanted him gone.

Same - even before I knew LaPorta was LaPorta… I was thankful for his departure… especially at that price point.

Love having the Vikings in the division

1 Like

Low hits now aren’t going to result in your family suing the league for millions of dollars after you die with CTE, CJ. League won’t do anything about it.

1 Like

Agreed. But my point is (IMO) valid as well. When you are extraordinarily wealthy with a lot to lose trust your very expensive, very talented lawyers :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Two things

• you choose to play so accept or stop playing

• if money forms any part of the self image and self approval, you don’t get what life really is about and it not the love of money

• CTE for life or a life long limp and a second career as a millionaire…… hmmmmm

Sue me……

Personally I’d prefer Kerby aim for his head just to see if he can give TJ a badly needed haircut