From PrideofDetroit:

Did not practice

RB D’Andre Swift
RB Bo Scarbrough
FB Nick Bawden
TE Hunter Bryant
CB Mike Ford
LB Austin Bryant (PUP)

It was pretty much the same crew it has been over the past couple practices with one new addition: Mike Ford. The cornerback injured himself late in Friday’s practice, and although the initial reports from the media seemed worrisome, head coach Matt Patricia seemed to imply it was a minor ankle twist.

“Mike Ford rolled his ankle a little bit yesterday,” Patricia said before Saturday’s practice. “He’s just tender today, so I’m just going to hold him out and get him back here for the start of next week.”

One of the bigger concerns among this group is D’Andre Swift, who has been held out for over a week now. Both he and Scarbrough were seen jogging back and forth during practice, so they are at least getting closer to a return.

Austin Bryant is still on the Physically Unable to Perform list, but he, too, was jogging the length of the field that wasn’t being used for scrimmage.

Only individual drills

DL Da’Shawn Hand

Prior to practice, Patricia said Hand would be out of practice, but the defensive lineman went through most individual drills before the scrimmage started.

Hand has missed the previous two practices with an undisclosed injury.

In-and-out of lineup

DE Trey Flowers
LT Taylor Decker

Decker played for almost the entire scrimmage, but got some rest late in practice. He’s been getting some maintenance time for the past week, so there doesn’t seem to be a serious injury concern here.

Flowers didn’t play quite as much—mostly ceding his playing time to Romeo Okwara. Like Decker, he’s been in and out of the lineup for the past few days.

Injured in practice

CB Tony McRae

On the second-to-last rep of practice, McRae went down with a left leg injury. It took him a while to get up, and he was able to walk off with a heavy limp under his own power. McRae has had a strong week of camp, so let’s hope this is only a minor setback for the team’s potential backup nickelback and special teams contributor.

hand worries me. he’s too young to have to be handled with kid gloves. if he’s hurt again this early after missing pretty much all of last year… i really hope i’m wrong and he isn’t injury prone. we need his talent too much. but it does seem to appear that way.

1 Like