Tell the Giants...we taking Ikem Ekwonu

I’d love to move back but if that’s not possible just take one of the two edges. Let’s not get cute here.

3 Likes

Would you keep a good overpaid guard over someone better than Sewell?

Yes… if that OG only has 1 year left locked in at a high salary… and we wouldn’t save that much by cutting him… and it it meant passing up a really good prospect at a position of significant need.

I REALLY like Ekwonu.
I just can’t see a wat that it is the best pick from a team building perspective.

1 Like

Why is he overpaid? His base salary for 2022 is 6.5 mill. Again he gave up 0 sacks last year, and was a solid starter. Heck Jonah Jackson made the pro bowl, but Big V was better than he was. Jackson gave up 4 sacks and had 5 more penalties. I think you are far too focused on his struggles from 2020 at tackle and not on his play in 2021 at guard.

3 Likes

Ok than keep Big V as one of the most expensive backups in history. Depth is great. But Big V doesn’t move like Ekwonu and doesn’t hit like Ekwonu. Fact.

I like how you said fact. it really proves your point, lol. Lets give you the benefit of the doubt and say Ikem would be an upgrade over Big V, which would be tough to do in his rookie year, seeing as though it’s hard to beat giving up 0 sacks. But, let’s say Ikem is actually as good as Sewell.

How much have the Lions actually improved the team overall? They cut a good player and replaced him with a better one. So essentially we still have the same amount of holes on the roster. Compared to keeping Big V, who was solid last year, and adding an elite pass rusher like Hutch or Thibs or even Hamilton. Which option improves the team more!?

2 Likes

I agree, the pass rush is horrible. The long game is best. These DE’s are graded with question marks. Where was Hutchinson at the Georgia game? Ekwonu beats opponents in every game. Thibbs screams bust for some reason. My argument is you can get those type of DE’s and LB’s later. You need lock down players. Zero bust. Monster players. Our QB plays better with great Oline play. Maybe we don’t draft a QB next year cause we picked Ekwonu this year.

I guess if they truly loved Ikem and they thought he was can’t miss and as good as Sewell, you could draft him and trade one of our current o-lineman for either a defensive player or possibly more magic beans. That would make much more sense than simply cutting a good player and replacing him with Ikem.

I’ll be happy with whatever happens. Just think this is the fastest way to the kneecap.

1 Like

Or we actually had a lot of success last year when we went jumbo with 6 offensive lineman using Matt Nelson. Put Sewell at TE and IKem at Tackle. I’d watch that, lol.

1 Like

4th and 1 all day. Wintertime…bring it.

1 Like

I think the plan is to keep drafting Left Tackles until we finally have an all Left Tackle offensive line. We will even flip Ragnow for draft picks and replace him with a Left Tackle.

We should probably take it up a notch as well. We should put Left Tackles at Defensive Tackle. That way they can move over to our all Left Tackle offensive line when we flip the existing Left Tackles for draft picks to draft more Left Tackles. The best part of trading Stafford is it gives us the ability to draft 5 Left Tackles in the 1st round over a 3 year span. WE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Working Pinky And The Brain GIF

5 Likes

If the refs allow to hold your DE, it doesn’t matter how good they are. Run it down their throats, and play action.

Why do you need the best lineman on earth if they can hold?

Hahaha that was great. I will say Penei Sewell, a left tackle as you say would make a pretty badass defensive tackle!

1 Like

Because we want to mock more first round picks. What other reason is necessary?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.