Tell the Giants...we taking Ikem Ekwonu

That’s the best opportunity for a trade down. Go to the Giants board. They licking their lips, hard. Then we can take whoever you want with more magic beans.

Agreed. I’ve stated on here a few times that either Neal or Icky going one and another team trading up for the other is our best shot at getting a decent offer for #2OA.

You know what I want!! You know what I need!!
oh yeah love GIF

It never works that way. They’ll simply say OK and move onto their next guy. They’d know the Lions were bluffing.

3 Likes

Poker is a hell of a game. Say what you doing once, and show your cards, then everyone knows not to mess with you.

All they really need to believe to trade up with us is that Houston wants him, which is far more believable. I expect them to go OL (partially because I expect them to trade Tunsil).

1 Like

Yet teams still line up to give the flimsy impression they’re going for it on 4th down, and occasionally opponents jump offside.

It depends on who does that, when they do that (especially in tournaments), and what you judge their reasons for doing that are. Are they just carelessly braying, or burnishing their table image for later deception?

Why would they believe us is the more important question. They know we are taking either Hutch or Thibs.

Your line of thinking tends to work out better. Teams don’t tend to trade up with the team that wants their player. They tend to trade to get ahead of the team that wants their player, or to block another team from trading into a certain spot to take the player.

4 Likes

Take our needs out of this. This is pure BPA. Best player available. No need to sugarcoat. Can still take your precious Thibbs. Use our reputation, to our advantage.

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

the Lions don’t need to say they want an O-lineman… they just need some team to want to get ahead of Houston.

A trade down is more about the Texans’ needs than the Lions.

3 Likes

I’m not bluffing. Take the monster, not O lineman, even though he happens to be one. This is similar to the Sewell pick. Gotta take him. Never get a chance to take two of them again.

If he’s actually as good as Sewell, I’d consider it. I really haven’t watched any of his film. Sewell is a beast, he was one of the best tackles in the game as a rookie.

1 Like

Thanks for the videos. MC/DC is clearly going to love him. He’s a pancake machine. Where would he fit though? Big V actually played decent last year. And the rest of the O-line is completely set. If we drafted Ikem 2nd overall he needs to be starting from day 1.

1 Like

If we are going to take a lineman with our 1st pick, I’d rather trade down and take Penning.

Cut Big V.

Did you know that Big V gave up 0 sacks and only 3 penalties in 953 snaps last year!? He was quite good, you don’t get better by cutting good players.

4 Likes

Plus continuity is generally speaking a foundational element of good OL play.

4 Likes

Yep Big V sucked at tackle in 2020, but he’s a solid guard and him and Sewell played well together, I wouldn’t change that.

1 Like