Texans’ C.J. Stroud is making the NFL Draft’s cognition test warnings look foolish

Everybody calm down.
He looks ok.

3 good games then 1 shit game.
And houston might have the easiest schedule in nfl history.

Success is always a good thing. However, the real gameplanning hasn’t started yet. People talk about the speed of the NFL, but its the gameplanning that is the biggest difference between college and the pros IMO. And the gameplanning is what makes the game so fast.

Well, he looks better than Bryce Young, who has also played a relatively weak schedule:

And, Anthony Richardson has pretty much played against the same level of competition and is doing a Justin Fields, Jr. imitation so far:

Stroud looks good to me. I thought he looked the part coming out but you never know. Man Houston’s defense looks damn good as well. If Stroud keeps taking care of the football Texans will be in good shape

The cognition test thing was BS anyway. The owner of the test literally came out and said the scores that got leaked weren’t true.

2 Likes

I thought Stroud was a very good prospect caught up in the “Ohio State QB” myth.

1 Like

i had stroud behind young in this process but they were 1a to 1b, i thought young had some more strengths than stroud (This wasnt about Ohio state Qb stuff btw, he looked good), but Stroud was in a better system, while young sealed the deal after that tennesse game to me

Panthers dont have weapons, a weakish oline, and dont have their 2024 1st (i cant blame them for trading up, they needed a franchise qb). But Stroud is exceeding my expectations, i thought he would do well in Houston, they actually built a line (which is now all on the IR ward), and with that, hes doing well, he handled the steelers really well yesterday (No sacks).

Texans could make the playoffs, Stroud looks legit, Demeco has his players bought in, and that Oline will get healthier as the season goes on

Joe Burrow is playing like he went to Ohio State right now

Burrow needs to be on IR.