Texans to hire David Culley as HC

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

What a :clown_face: organization that is. Watson is SO done there.

As much as I’d like to judge, the Lions just hired a TE coach so… good luck to them!

Wrong. Try again

I am going to be honest here. Until that news dropped I didn’t even know that David Culley existed.

1 Like

I’m, this is not correct: he was actually duel hatted as TE coach and Asst HC!!

Not even close to compare them

Well, according to the tweet, Culley was Ravens’ Asst HC/WR coach/Pass-game coordinator.

I’m sure this has been asked, but I didn’t see anything with a cursory check. “Could” a trade be made cap wise with Stafford / Watson? Stafford goes back to Texas, AFC team so smart for us and we get a top 5 dual threat guy. Stafford, plus 7OA gets the ball rolling and as long as things don’t get two nutty from there, maybe…

Good thing he didn’t come to the D… if he did he’d be duly hated.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

3h

David Culley becomes the second minority head coach and first black head coach hired during this cycle.

Yes, it can work contractually. I thought it couldn’t because of Watson’s guaranteed money but as deadstroke pointed out the way its structured it won’t leave a huge dent with the Texans. Both players are tradeable from that standpoint.

1 Like

So like everyone else i had to look this guy up. He’s a 66 year old first time head coach, making him the oldest in history. Hes the same age as Caldwell and a hair younger than Belichick.

I’m blown away by this hire. But with his experience in the league I have more confidence than I did with Zac Taylor in Cincy. That one had disaster written all over it.

1 Like