Thanksgiving Day game

I like the idea of a flex game replacing our game. Announce it in say week 8 and pick a matchup that looks to have legit playoff ramifications.

2 Likes

We are not losing the t-day game, never will. This gets brought up every year.

Personally I don’t really care, I’d prefer to not make T-day plans around the Lions game and listen to family who knows jack shit about football tell me the Lions suck.

2 Likes

That’s the beauty, you don’t have to know Jack shit about football to know the Lions suck!:grin:

Yeah, I get it. The Ford’s pump a lot of money into the NFL. Is it any coincidence that the 2 teams that play on Thanksgiving, have the Ford sign on the outside of their stadiums?!?!

1 Like

That’s very true!

Definately…not…a coincidence.

Yes, I would watch.

Did you mean to say Michigan instead of just “Detroit?”

The NFL doesn’t do a Sunday to Thursday flex in large part because they know how hard it is for the fans to change plans that drastically, particularly on relatively short notice. Now you are asking fans to change their plans drastically on short notice to completely change their Thanksgiving traditions.

1 Like

[/quote]

The NFL doesn’t do a Sunday to Thursday flex in large part because they know how hard it is for the fans to change plans that drastically, particularly on relatively short notice. Now you are asking fans to change their plans drastically on short notice to completely change their Thanksgiving traditions.
[/quote]

This only changes their Thanksgiving tradition, if they don’t watch the Lions game.

The Lions Thanksgiving Day game is the Lebron of football games!

I would only be in favor of removing the Tday game from the Lions, only if they remove it from the Cowboys as well. Just rotate everyone over the course of 6-7 years. Otherwise just leave it alone.

In the last 30 years the Lions are 14-16 and the Cowboys are 17-13 on T-day. Both are just 4-5 in the 2010s.

Why take it from Dallas? They’re at least a ratings draw, let alone a functioning team.

1 Like

They keep losing on Thanksgiving

1 Like

Why does that matter? it’s the NFL, people will watch regardless and it is on during the early window when most people are just getting done with their turkey trots and preparing the meal.

And to be honest, the Lions and Cowboys are probably the only teams that even really want to play on Thanksgiving. Sure the fans might enjoy their team playing on a Thursday, but most teams and players don’t want to play that day.

3 Likes

Wow! That must mean I’m ancient at 60 and 1/12. lol

2 Likes

you guys are old, I’m only 520 months old.

1 Like

LOL Nice one

1 Like

Dude, really? Why do ratings matter?

Since when has the NFL been all about on-field quality? The current admin is all about $$$.

2 Likes

Because higher rated shows get more in advertising dollars.

But as I pointed out above, getting higher ratings and more advertising money IN ONE GAME will be a huge net loss compared to if Ford family gets mad at losing the game and cuts back on their advertising for a whole bunch of games each week for 4 weeks of Preseason, 17 weeks of regular season and 4 weeks of post season.

The Ford family has huge leverage to keep the game if they want it

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe they should use it after we get ■■■■■■ the next time?

3 Likes