That was a loss

Possible weak division? I think everyone in the division has a pretty good defense, the offenses will come around, although MInnesota’s offense looked pretty good.

1 Like

Agree with you, on MN. I think they are easily the most effective, right now. I do expect Chicago to come around.

They ran the ball very well against a horrible Atlanta team and threw for 98 yards. Matt (noodle arm) Ryan was beyond awful. My arm was better in junior high.

Honestly, at the end of the year, I don’t think it will matter …except for draft position.

Not only was it a loss in terms of we lost a win that was in hand;

Not only does it feel like a loss;

A tie really serves as a loss, for the most part. I can’t remember a recent scenario in which a tie worked to the benefit of a team in the standings trying to make the playoffs. I do remember it working against teams.

15-0-1!!! Where’s Crownoise???

1 Like

Example: 9-6-1 is better than 9-7. That is why a tie IS better than a loss.

Do not come at me with the logic that a tie is worse than a win. Obviously, 9-6-1 is worse than 10-6, but then that is not the question, is it?

The Arizona game ended in a tie, which indeed feel like a loss cuz we had the game in hand and let it get away. BUT, make no mistake, a tie is not a loss it is BETTER than a loss. That is why we currently are a half game ahead of Chicago in the standings.

1 Like

Agnew should lose the return duties. He was great as a rook, but he loses track of the ball too often. Even that highlight reel TD return vs. the Giants was misjudged and could have easily been a turnover too. I don’t trust him back there.

2 Likes

As Lions fans, we’ve seen our share of heartache but this game hurt particularly bad. So disappointing.

Maybe the daunting schedule ahead is coloring my opinion but I don’t think so.

Need to rebound quickly!

Green Bay won the division at 8-7-1 over the 8-8 Bears.

Carolina won the division at 7-8-1 over the 7-9 Saints.

And if the Lions upset the Chargers, they will be 1-0-1 and in second place no matter what happens because the two 1-0 teams (GB & MN) play each other in week 2.

1 Like

How would that work exactly? If the Lions finish 6-9-1?
I would almost bet Vegas would count it as 6 wins and only 6 wins.

I think the Bears defense is going to be lights out all year. I am sure the Packers offense will look better against other defenses.
I also think the Bears offense is going to be pretty bad all year too. It will a tough team to predict.because if their offense plays well, they are almost certainly going to win.

Both Men’s and Women’s, I might add!

6.5 would not have been available to bettors…they had to choose over or under. So if Vegas declares 6.5 wins, it means it would keep the money from both sides. So they would WANT to call it 6.5 wins.

Mind you, that’s a simplistic view just for conversation sake. I haven’t read the fine print of the betting sites.

That is kind of funny, but I kind of view it as they only won 6 games. I don’t think they would count a tie as half a win.

1 Like

I completely agree that the Bear D will be nasty (likely #1) this year. I really expected their O to look better, and suspect they will improve. I think their QB is better than most of you guys do. I hope you’re right though.

I think we sweep GB, and at least split with Chicago (possible sweep). Vikings to be determined. They sure did look better than I expected in week 1.

I hate to agree with this, because I really liked him pre-injury. He’s never handled the ball cleanly, but now the risk/reward isn’t worth it, because he’s lost his game-breaking speed. All the liability, with none of the reward.

Our history with the Vikings is so ridiculously one sided that I said years ago that the most fair thing to do each year is simply chalk up both of the Vikings games as losses and go from there.

1 Like

The Lions have a .430 winning % against Bears
.427 against Packers
.348 against Vikings

Those are all pretty bad. But the Vikings seem to always crush the Lions. The two games last season were not even close.

1 Like