The argument to keep Campbell

Dan claims to be Alpha. Alpha wouldn’t wait for the end of the seasons to address a train wreck. The defense is a train wreck. What are you going to do about it today Alpha?

2 Likes

If we had more than 5 (sorry, I always forget JRey) of Brads aquisitions contributing on the field, I might agree with you.
His aquisitions are pretty much just sucking cap and roster spots.
Do we have an accountant in this group? Now would be a good time to do a proficiency study.

2 Likes

Yeah.

If I’m Campbell I’d definitely be making a big decision on the defensive side of the ball asap.

He’s got to know his job is on the line here. It’s now or never. Frankly, the best time to do it was before the bye and he opted to evaluate things with AG and move forward with AG.

Sucks for DC because AG is a good friend of his. I don’t see this ending well.

3 Likes

Making a change to the 32nd rated defensive coordinator would be a gritty decision.

Rolling with it should roll you out of a job.

2 Likes

No doubt that injuries and personnel don’t help Campbell’s case, but I genuinely don’t think that has been the biggest issue here.

I see other teams doing more with less. I see other coaches taking over worse rosters and having more immediate success. I see Campbell making poor decisions on Sundays. I see a defense that is historically bad and no ability to fix it.

I’m not saying your point is insignificant, but I don’t think it’s the biggest issue.

How many games would we have won this season if we had a kicker.

How this organization is structured from the ownership to the coaching staff should eviscerate hope. I’m not sure how it isn’t.

There’s no clear leadership in this franchise right now. None.

1 Like

I think I’ll need you to tell me that.

IMO, this team would be 1-4 regardless of the kicker. To me an insanely bad defensive scheme + some of the worst in-game decision making I’ve ever seen trumps the ability of a kicker to bring in the W’s.

Same page though - They haven’t handled the kicker position well at all since Holmes/MCDC arrived.

2 Likes

Exactly. I mean, if you can’t handle the kicker position properly when you had Patterson handed to you on a silver platter and he made everything last year … how the hell are we supposed to have faith you can handle an entire defense properly?

It’s asking a lot.

1 Like

Yeah.

I think they fell in love with Siebert’s ability to land the longer FG’s in camp. That’s my best guess.

They were probably thinking “These guys are pretty even, but Siebert gives us the ability to hit the 60 yarder at the end of a game whereas Patterson doesn’t.”

In hindsight they definitely made a poor decision. Not that Patterson is one of the NFL’s premier kickers or anything…still a misevaluation.

Well, the Minnesota game would almost certainly have been a win.
Possibly the Eagles game, too.
How many of the bad Dan decisions are on 4th down?
The defense is historically bad. There’s no sugar coating it. It’s largely a personel problem. We have 5, maybe 6, solid keepers on defense. The rest are sucking cap, or sitting on IR, and most of the guys on IR are this regimes aquisitions.
Then, there are the “great locker room” guys, like Brockers and Anzalone (that sucking sound, is wasted cap space).

2 Likes

You’re certainly not wrong. :beers:

2 Likes

Really, this is a completely ignorant statement
You know very well the circumstances
It’d be nicer here if we all attempted to be balanced

4 Likes

The only thing ignorant is you . What circumstances ? I mean has Homebell ever had a 5 win season ? Of course that’s a ignorant question because you do not like the answer.
What balance ? You are what your record says you are. Any circumstances were in Holmes has put us here.
Ray Charles Laugh GIF

the thread is listing reasons to keep Coach Dan and his strengths, right?

1 Like

LOLZ!!
Sometimes you can be such a foof

1 Like

You forgot the clueless DC that can’t seem to do basic week by week scheming or playcalling

Lol your the one that used the word first, I mean you called me ignorant because I said Patricia won 5 games and Homebell took that team and turned it into a 3 win team and now who knows but it looks like 3 wins will be hard to match. Your trying so hard to be the smart guy.

Then you talked about circumstances, and I wonder do you mean drafting players that are injuried with 3 of your top 5 picks or maybe it’s that he choose to resign players from a 3 win team instead of upgrading in FA or maybe it’s the fact he thinks so little of a good kicker or LBer. You can’t keep using injury’s as a excuse when he drafts and sign players with injury’s and injury history. Are these the circumstances your talking about.

Now that’s another story. This team has plenty of story’s right now

I didn’t forget. What scheme or plays would you use/call that would overcome the basic lack of talent?
Do you really think you can scheme around our lack at LB and depth everywhere?
Maybe you should apply to show them how.