The argument to keep Campbell

Going for 4th downs are for teams with a real defense!

Not at all
Is that the only circumstance?
Especially v your original comment?
I think you are well aware of the overall situation they came into
I’m not laying it out — it’s been discussed here so many times

One thing I’d highly recommend is stop bringing the house so much. Teams know we are blitzing and they are exposing it by getting the ball out quick. Another thing is stop trying to defend the run with only 2 linebackers on the field. Talent is an issue but we are also helping the other team. Very predictable defense.

1 Like

Well I sure wouldn’t play man-to-man when holding the the opponent to a field goal gets you to at least overtime (end of VIkings game) AND I wouldn’t blitz constantly with guys 7 yards off the line of scrimmage. This defense has more talent than last year (barely but at least a little more) yet they are far worst. So explain to me how the defense got worse from last year? Maybe its the play calling and scheme? Hmmmmmm

2 Likes

I don’t care how many times it was discussed.

What is better a team that wins 5 games or a team that wins 3 games.

So what are these circumstances I didn’t mention?

You can blame Patricia all you want but Homebell has yet to meet there success even.

I mean Patricia must be a hell of a coach to get 5 wins with a mess that big. I mean the great Homebell can only manage to win 3 and in there 2nd year maybe not even win that. With 2 off seasons.

2 Likes

Willful ignorance TC
Or maybe you legit don’t get it
What happened last year?

1 Like

I have to agree on both points. I think there’s a bit of panic built in to this D.
In our case, I’m afraid “D” stands for “desperation”.

1 Like

Dude stfu you cry about using the word ignorance yet you keep doing it. And you are the one that don’t get it. Your just a excuse waiting to happen.

Fact Homebell has not improved the record of this team over the mess Patricia left as you say not to mention actually making it worse. No matter how much bullshit you don’t explain. This is a fact. 5 wins with probably the worse coach in the NFL is better then anything Homebell has been able to put on the field with 2 off seasons . Your just broken

Can’t argue your overall point.
More talent? On paper, maybe. Not on the field.
Remember, we’re playing two, fresh off the truck, rookies, in two extremely important roles. Actually, it’s looking like 3 rookies starting, now that Walker is out. Think about that.
Okuda, is basically a third year rookie.
AO wasn’t benched for no reason.
Where is the better that you speak of? The rookies? You put too much on them.

The defense has been horse shit for decades , Ownership does not give a chit about fixing that, because If they did…? they might win something BIG… egads ! we wouldn’t want that -would we !? as long as The Ownership can fill their pockets, they could care less what happens—It has been that way for 30 + years.

1 Like

This is my main issue. So say they fire Campbell. Who hires the next guy? The same people who hired Dan Campbell?

Say they fire Brad Holmes. Who hires the new guy? Do they just promote Spielman, yet another guy with no experience?

It is a complete mess.

2 Likes

Let’s hope and pray it’s just growing pains.

1 Like

Debating this is like debates in the jar being halfway full or empty….

I’m not a coach or an analyst: I just want to win …

2 Likes

Projection …

Board and Rodrigo are better LB’s than we had last year
Okuda is back and healthy
Elliott is better than Harris at S
DE’s are better than we had last year
DT is the place I would say we may have declined

But you can’t say we are that much less talented than last year to give up record breaking points and rush yards 5 games into the season. Hell even with last years defense we may be 3-2 at this point.
Something ain’t right with the defense, either the players don’t know what Glenn is trying to achieve or Glenn is just getting out coached by the opposition. I say it is some of both and that all falls on Glenn.

2 Likes

Rodrigo is a rookie, and doing great for a rookie.
Okuda is basically a rookie playing in his 8th game next Sunday.
Elliott was benched last week.
Our DE’s are on IR. Hutch is a rookie. That leaves Harris.
Forget about the paper Lions. Go look at the roster available for Sunday.
The scheme might be awful. It would be hard to tell without the players to execute it.
Same for play calling.
Last years defense overachieved and were ranked #31.
Nothing is going to be fixed by firing anybody, right now. It might make a few armchair QB’s feel better for 30 seconds or so, but, they’ll just find something else to bitch about.

2 Likes

I did look at the roster and I told you where we improved. Just because a guy is a rookie doesn’t mean we didn’t improve the roster, if that isn’t the case then why is Hutch, Rodrigo, and Okuda starting? Benching of Elliott? Yea, I think as a vet he probably spoke up and told Glenn his defensive scheme sucked. It wasn’t because of his play.

ill say this cause it was talked about but like

first season with holmes and campbell

we legit believed this team could hit 0-17 that season, not due to coaching

but because our roster was fucking gutted

We literally lost all 3 WR (MJJ, Golladay, Amendola), Trufant left, Duron Harmon left, Collins mentally checked out, Prater left

we literally had a massive talent drain, we knew that last year was gonna be fucking ugly

MY issue is how it looks like there is regression on one side of the ball (Defense) and yes holmes drafting injured players doesnt help, but thats on AG and Dan tbh, and yes, injuries have been awful (We have like one of the most injured rosters in the league i believe right now), but you win despite the injuries.

Offense has progressed insanely well tbh, i dont think we should criticize it as much (note, as much, not saying it shouldnt be criticized)

You know, I always hear the media say that.
Tom Brady didn’t win last year despite injuries.
Mahomes didn’t win last year.
Rodgers didn’t win last year.
The Ravens didn’t win last year.
What the hell was Buffalos excuse?
That, my friend, is a crock of shit! Injuries will ■■■■ up your season in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Did replacing Anthony Lynn with Dan Campbell make the offense better last year?

The loser mentality is strong with this fanbase. Nothing can make us better. We’ll suck for the next 3 years which restarts every season so that 3 years never comes. Broken fanbase. Understandable when Fords have owned team for 60 years. This level of suckitude from the defense is not acceptable to real NFL teams. Are we a real team? You can make a good argument no.