The argument to keep Campbell

Bucs 13-4
Packers 13-4
Chiefs 12-5
Bills 11-6

If that isn’t winning then I will take that every year. I am not even asking for that type of record, it’s unrealistic, but we should be seeing some progress. That is what we are asking for and not getting.

1 Like

Haha when we overachieve we come 2nd last, when we underachieve we come last. Really setting the bar high!

2020 - Worst defense in the NFL under Fatty P
2021 - 2nd worse Defense in the nfl under AG
2022 - Worst defense in the nfl under AG

Do you notice a trend here!?

5 Likes

This staff certainly started with a solid foundation, didn’t they?

1 Like

The trend is that we suck and aren’t improving…haha it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that… see what I did there!

2 Likes

I have no idea what you’re talking about?
Oh, you are referring to the genius that just shut us out. Well, he’s an offensive coach, so…
Get it, “offensive”.
Two can play this game.:rofl:

2 Likes

I like to look at points given up per game (this may include some pick 6s especially if Stafford was playing LOL)

2020 32.4 points per game
2021 27.5 points per game (a 15% improvement!)
2022 34.0 point per game (wow, that sucks).

2008 32.3 points per game

We’re on a record setting pace for futility this year!

3 Likes

He really has to work on his tackling. Get him in the linebacker drills once a week.

2020 - 3 pick 6’s
2021 - 4 pick 6’s
2022 - 2 pick 6’s

1 Like

Apologies if this has been answered/discussed as I skipped some posts…but too me I am keeping Campbell under two circumstances. #1 - the in game decision making must get better, I think…like many…that he is making decisions with his nutsack rather then his brains. #2 - the team has to show as much fight as they did last year. That’s it’s for me

There are some wholesale changes that need to be made but I see the AG situation very different then the Anthony Lynn one. DC could let AL go because he could and did… effectively by the way…into the OC role, however he does not have that luxury with AG. Who do we get to take over that will have a “lasting” effect not a one game here or there swing? Is it Pleasant or Sheppard? Do we destroy them as coaches by placing this burden on them? Not as easy of a fix…IMO.

As I get older maybe I am become more patient or the Lions hold isn’t as strong as it once was but like I said I am willing to give DC more time! Maybe Patricia ruined me…and I was one of the posters who was in favor of year 3 for him and Quinn :rage:

You put 23 year old suh on this defense and tell me what our record would be right now. I get what you’re saying but Schwartz had 3 hall of fame talents in their youth on those teams.

1 Like

What I want to know is if Campbell is making these in game decisions because he knows his team doesn’t have the talent to win straight up? Or is it because he’s that bad? I’m betting it’s the former. He knows our defense is trash so he’s overcompensating trying to steal more possessions for the offense.

3 Likes

Pretty amazing that we actually drafted 3 hall of fame players in a row, sucks we couldn’t keep them together…those rookie contracts used to be insane.

1 Like

Isn’t that just lions luck though. If we’d had that rookie cap back then we could have put together a monster of a roster.

1 Like

Alluding to the ‘handsome’ part as who is handsome?

1 Like

Bignatty of course lol

1 Like

The most sobering and clear comment I’ve seen in this forum all week.

2 Likes

I saw two. Inexperienced/low talent + a different scheme for them every year.
I am shocked by how bad the D is but low talent + new scheme = suckitude
I still wouldn’t fire the HC over that.

I would look side-eyed at Holmes though. He’s drafted 10 defensive players in last two years. Two of his top 4 defensive pix have bad backs and have not really played. You can’t blow top draft pix year-in and year out.

Notice anything about the highly rated QB’s in this matchup?
They both suck when their protection breaks down.
Huh!

2 Likes

:muscle: :sunglasses:
Word.
Can’t believe someone was asking

1 Like

No they didn’t but in 2 offeseasons they didn’t improve it at all either. One might think that’s a problem.

1 Like

I may be in the minority but I think Brad and Dan appear to go with the “safe” bet with their first pick of the draft…Sewell and Hutch. But they then try and knock it out of the park with some of the next picks (especially 2nd rounders) when they are ahead on the count.

They seem to settle back in…ASB and Rodrigo…but if they stayed steadier with those picks we would be in a better place. If they learn from the past two drafts…this is a quick fix

1 Like